The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading improvements

AureliusVarro

On 2019-09-27 at 10:20 AM, AureliusVarro said:

The platinum economics in warframe is great as of itself, allowing players to buy things they have a hard time farming from other players, or selling some unnecessary items for platinum to spend on cosmetics, but the trade system feels quite clumsy.

So to trade, a player has to:

1.  find someone willing to buy their stuff with the help of the overcrowded trade chat, Maroo's bazaar or third-party services like warframe.market 
  2. invite the buyer to dojo or Maroo's bazaar if not there already
  3. find trading post or each other
  4. find the stuff in question in inventory (it became easier with new ui, but still)
  5. finally trade

All that takes time and interferes with actually playing the game as it needs personal attention for a relatively long time.

There are some ideas to improve trading experience: 

• In-chat selling:
  1. Player 1 wants to sell stuff
  2. They write a trade offer message like [ item | price ] in trade or personal chat. 
  3. They confirm that offer is correct via popup window and pretty 
  4. Player 2 sees the message, wants to buy item for price and clicks the message. 
  5. They see item preview like with [item] links, but with a buy option
  6. If they want to buy, they click the corresponding button
  7. Player 1 gets platinum from Player 2, 
  • Passive trading post with /dojo clan command* 
  1. Player 1 wants to sell a lot of stuff, has a dojo with a trading post
  2. They go to the trading post and put items there as in inventory menu, but they also have assign prices in platinum
  3.  And they can do whatever they want, even close the game
  4. Player 2 somehow, via warframe.market or featured dojos or that command can visit Player 1's dojo and buy stuff they want as in "in-chat selling" above
  5. Player 1 gets platinum when items are sold

* The command is meant to allow players to visit dojos. Idk what is the best way to implement this. Maybe it will require an in-game catalogue or warframe.market links could utilize the command...

Thank you for attention) 

UPD: turns out there is a post already 

Trading for premium currency should not be made easier. Loading screens are a type of time gate anyway. Many times I've been offered a cheaper item or better riven in the time it takes to load into dojo/bazaar. You can already do plenty of other stuff and still post items. 

Being in an active mission and going afk because you have to confirm a sell, maybe enter captcha AND wait for the other party to do the same... Now your team is down one player. Goodness don't let you die in arbitration. That's counter productive.

Trading is an active part of the game. The way DE made it allows you to bargin trades between multiple players. I'm not forced to devalue my items because others choose to sell very low. Pathocyst just came out. I've already bought plenty of sets at 50p from thirsty pkayers and resold at 150p+ while others ask for 250p. If players could always find the cheapest price immediately a set would be 25p or less from those who farm parts 16hours a day. I don't want to be forced to grind for days to get parts. Then try to make 20 sells at 5p when everyone is selling the same items, viewable all day.