The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Seraph, The Angelic Warframe

Taralasian

Seraph was an idea that popped into my head while browsing the Warframe wiki a little while back. We recently got our hands on Nekros, a dark, deathly 'frame, so how about a more heavenly force? Here's what I put together.

Lore: The exact origins of Seraph are unknown, but it is believed that this heavenly Warframe came from deep within the Orkokin Void. Swift and graceful in combat, she possesses an array of divine powers which allow her to dominate the battlefield and inspire the Tenno fighting alongside her.

Appearance: Female, slender build, silver and white (steampunk?) angel appearance, halo on helmet (alt helm with small wings atop head), mirrored visor over eyes. When Ascension (see Abilities) is active, Seraph shines with golden light and gains a pair of glittering ethereal wings on her back, her halo lighting up.

Health - 125

Shields - 100

Armor - 50

Power - 100

Speed - 1.0

Abilities:

Shine: Seraph fires a dazzling beam of light, temporarily stunning any enemies caught in its path.

Cost - 25

Range - Unlimited, can travel through multiple targets

Damage - Zero

Blind Duration 3/4/5/8 seconds

Light Pulse: Seraph unleashes a blast of holy power, staggering enemies and dealing high damage.

Cost - 50

Range - 8/10/12/15 in-game meters, conical blast radius angled towards enemies

Damage - 100/200/300/500

Stagger chance - 100%

Knockdown chance - 25% on standard enemies

Ascension: Revealing her true divine form, Seraph fills her allies with inspiration, boosting both weapon and power damage.

Cost - 75

Range - 12/14/16/20 in-game meters, circular radius around player

Weapon damage increase - +5%/+10%/+15%/+20% (affects all players in radius, including Seraph)

Power damage increase - +10%/+10%/+20%/+25% (affects all players in radius, including Seraph)

Duration - 20 seconds

Heavenrend: Seraph tears apart the sky and calls for support from the heavens, draining the life from her foes to restore her allies' shields.

Cost - 100

Range - 15/18/22/25 in-game meters, circular radius around player (radius applies for both damage to enemies and area of shield restoration for allies)

Damage - 150/300/500/800

Shields restored - 40%/40%/50%/60% of damage dealt (player also receive shield restoration)

Cast Time - 4 seconds (invincible during cast)

Heavenrend: Seraph tears apart the sky and calls for support from the heavens, draining the life from her foes to restore her allies' shields.

Cost - 100

Range - 15/18/22/25 in-game meters, circular radius around player (radius applies for both damage to enemies and area of shield restoration for allies)

Damage - 150/300/500/800

Shields restored - 40%/40%/50%/60% of damage dealt (player also receive shield restoration)

Cast Time - 4 seconds (invincible during cast)

Warframe concept is ok pretty basic. Like the Supportive Warframe type. 

I would say all the abilities need more description to them or list the advantages and disvangtages of them. As well as for the War frame it's self. 

If you noticed for all 15 Warframes in the game they each have their own description of Advantages and Disadvantages. 

Now for this 4th ability. That description of "Ripping the Sky" Is IMPOSSIBLE. Not trying to be a nit-picker but. 

Their are no Skies in Space. Expect when we are on the planet its self when those type of missions pop up.  

The Description needs a re amp. The 2nd part of the description on my own thoughts and suggestion without changing your idea. 

Is that "She deploys Two Sentinels. One Sentinel Depletes the Shield and slowly the health from Enemies. While the other Sentinel restores Shield"

Pretty much my input about the War frame itself. 

Like how you included that she comes from the Void. (Wish she could come from some where else not the same places that's been out for awhile now) 

Love the concept still. 

Now for this 4th ability. That description of "Ripping the Sky" Is IMPOSSIBLE. Not trying to be a nit-picker but. 

Their are no Skies in Space. Expect when we are on the planet its self when those type of missions pop up.  

I know, it was more of a stylistic concept than something that would actually happen. I quite like the idea of two Sentinels (though they would just be drones, not actual Sentinels, possibly with angelic wings to complement the art style). Alternatively, I thought of perhaps having Seraph open some kind of rift above her head (which would shine brightly, as if it were a light from heaven) and the draining attacks would come from this.

Please note that the damage is not just shield damage, this ability would deal high damage to health and shields (armour-ignoring). The shields restored to allies is not just a percentage of the shield damage dealt, either, it is a percentage of all damage dealt to enemies but only restores shields, not health.

Thanks for your feedback!

I like the idea of a polar opposite to Nekros. 

Make a skill a remote revive.

A remote revive would be too powerful, I think? Doesn't seem like something that DE would do. The idea of Ascension's 'inspiration' effects was intended as an opposite to Nekros' Terrify ability, while Shine is a multiple-enemy-piercing straight attack, not unlike Soul Punch. Do you think Shine should deal low damage, like Volt's Shock?

Seraph was conceptualised as more of an opposite to Nekros in terms of appearance and style, rather than complete playstyle, though.