Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lanka Issues?

Veryk

First it has NO CRIT CHANCE according to the UI. All snipers are crit prone.

Also "Fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction" which leads me to believe it would be the equivalent of a railgun moa's weapon. Instead it fires a Energy projectile? Travel time? At least change the description to fit what the weapon actually does.

Been a beef of mine for a while.

Also "Fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction" which leads me to believe it would be the equivalent of a railgun moa's weapon. Instead it fires a Energy projectile? Travel time? At least change the description to fit what the weapon actually does.

First, that's an issue with the UI. Second, the Lanka is supposedly some sort of laser sniper rifle, not a railgun.

Tbh i think i'd rather the lanka fire an actual rail gun round, i'm surprised DE hasn't implemented an actual rail gun for the tenno to use to be honest. As far as the lanka goes, it does crit but the UI doesn't read it properly from what i've been told a few times. Only problem i have with it and any charged base weapons which i chalk up to lag from the peer 2 peer hosting is the fact i can charge it fully and let go of the mouse (trigger) and it acts as if it was never charged.

Edited by itsJustThomasHD

If you insist, though I recall reading that it was a laser rifle in its description in the old UI.

"The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction." That is a railgun. This is another thing that's been irritating me too, since it's description and function contradict each other. I love railguns and was excited when a DE told me a railgun got added, but railguns have a faster projectile velocity than your regular bullets. It's called a railgun yet it shoots terribly slow rounds. I'm wishing DE removed the travel time on the shots, or at the very least change it's description. ): With how it works now, it is a railgun but isn't at the same time.

Edit: I really like railguns... ;_;

Edited by MA347612890GT4078579132R

"The Lanka fires a high velocity projectile through magnetic induction." That is a railgun. This is another thing that's been irritating me too, since it's description and function contradict each other. I love railguns and was excited when a DE told me a railgun got added, but railguns have a faster projectile velocity than your regular bullets. It's called a railgun yet it shoots terribly slow rounds. I'm wishing DE removed the travel time on the shots, or at the very least change it's description. ): With how it works now, it is a railgun but isn't at the same time.

Edit: I really like railguns... ;_;

DE seems to not have an actual story team with the inconsistency in lore (and how they retcon). The corpus use laser/plasma weaponry, the Lanka's description is that of something that shoots solid rounds but, functions like a weapon that fires high density plasma pulses via magnetic acceleration.

For the whole railgun thing, it may be more of a coilgun. There is no such thing, not even for sci-fi that I know of, as shooting magnetism. There is some kind of projectile. Likely, considering it fires an energy projectile, it is magnetically accelerated particles. (E.G. Magnetic energy particles, Plasma)

Regardless, considering it uses magnetic induction the projectile does move at a ridiculously slow rate. The problem is that Plasma outside of a vacuum will dissipate extremely fast. Therefore you would have to fire a plasma based projectile at an extreme speed in order for it to effectively hit it's target. Please get the science right.

Don't get me started on the whole thing with DE calling a group about 4-6 Grineer a platoon. (At least from what I've heard) That's actually a fire-team. Or VIP instead of HVT. =P