The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Weird framerate at 4k only in PoE

Dendonflo

I'm playing the game in ultra 4k (except AA at SMAA and Anisotropic filtering at x8) and except for REALLY intensive moments (Mirage with clones spamming a Drakgoon kind of intensive), I have no problem keeping 60FPS in the game.

Except  for PoE, what's weird is that it doesn't even look to be GPU bound, my GPU is below 80% usage, none of my CPU core goes past 50% usage, RAM isn't full, VRAM isn't either, the game's on an SSD, everything looks fine, but sometimes, the game goes from a smooth 60FPS, to something that looks more like 12FPS instantly.

What bothers me is that I don't have Vsync activated, and the game is either full 60FPS, or completely unplayable, no in between where you can see the framerate dropping a little but the game stays playable, it's just all or nothing, which is a phenomenon you would usually find when playing with a double buffered Vsync, but it's still happening here without it.

Reducing resolution does solve the problem, but I can play 4k at 60FPS on every map of the game no problems, including Orb Vallis, but if I get into PoE it suddenly feels like I'm trying to run Monster Hunter World at a 16K resolution with a GT230.

Other weird thing is that it seems to depend on where I'm looking precisely, I know some parts of a map are more difficult to render than others, but here, moving the camera to a precise pixel next to where I'm looking can make me drop to 20FPS even if I'm looking at almost the exact same point, and WHEN it happens doesn't really makes sense either, I can look in the distance and get 60FPS, and then when I try to look at my feet, BOOM, framerate kills itself.

I tried activating "Dynamic Resolution", but it had no effect, I can point the camera at a spot giving me 22FPS, and the game will keep on running at 4k without ever dropping the res to try and fix the framerate issue.

If it was just my GPU not being good enough, I'd understand, but the fact that it only happens on a single map, that the drop is only massive, and never just a few frames, that the game never activates dynamic res in these situations, and that it doesn't really makes sense WHEN it starts dropping, makes me feel like there's a problem with the map itself :\

I'm running the game in fullscreen, borderless has a bug where it looks like the game is running at a lower resolution and upscaled with weird artifacts (maybe because of my scaling setting in windows being at 150%, idk)

My specs are: 

EVGA GTX 1070ti OC

AMD Ryzen 3600 OC

16GB DDR4 3000MHz

2TB HDD + 256GB SSD (warframe is on the SSD)

Triple screen setup 

check the smt cores 

What I observed is Warframe has issues with simultaneous multithreading so that core 0 2 4 have high load and 1 3 5 low (10-20) ish% 

I got a big performance boost from swapping my 2700 with a 3700x

also use the chipsetdrivers from the amd page not the drivers windows 10 provides

Edited by Injected_Pie