Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[MUSIC] Shawzin Contest deadline missed, so I just post it here :)

Khunvyel

I had hoped to be available on thursday to finish up everything but didn't manage so I slipped the deadline, so I know I'm not eligible for entry any more. Nevertheless, in the spirit of the contest, I kept to the original requirements. I do admit the song itself is not completely live-playable due to limitations within Warframe itself. I don't know how many Octavias I would need, and even then, getting everyone + extras in the dojo for the Bells and drums and be in sync with each other is likely impossible 😄

The main Shawzin riffs are playable in principle and were not scripted (even the intro, as there is enough time between the notes to switch scales) but in order to get a clean sound I had to extract everything individually and throw them into a sampler track and play on the keys from there. Due to the copious amounts of reverb on each note, playing at certain speeds produces quite the annoying goo soup. The entire endeavour did show me a lot of defecits and issues with the instruments themselves, especially tuning wise, which I am going to list in a topic soon.

In the meantime; I hope you enjoy! Instruments used: Nelumbo and Mimica Shawzin, Regular Octavia insruments + Drek instruments, all Dojo Bells, all Dojo drums.