Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe] Medusa

DeadScream

Here is my idea of a warframe based on the Medusa from the Greek mythology. 

Stats : tanky but slow, just like Saryn.

Abilities : 

1 : Black stare - Just like Frost's "freeze", but instead of ice it turns the enemy into stone for a limited time. When the effect stops, the rock explodes, moderatly damaging nearby enemies with rock bursts and reducing the armor of the target for a while.

2 : Snake's path - Medusa concentrates her energy in a big snake going on a straight line (not an animal but more a psychic one, made of light), pushing back all enemies on the way and damaging them. The snake follows the ground and the walls, so it will climb up.

3 : Mirror - Medusa changes herself into a stone, protecting her from any damage for a long time (EDIT : until 20 sec but can be stopped by pressing again the "3" button) and reflecting 5/10/12/15 % of damage to enemies attacking her. It DOES NOT attract the enemy attacks. It's more a skill to use in case of extrem threat, waiting for rescue. 

4 : Eyes of Medusa - Improved and radial version of Black stare, with high damage explosions (no debuff but armor ignore when enemies's stones explode) 

The range would be lower than Nova's Molecular prime (because, you know, "nova is OP nerf it plzz", lolz.)

Art :n9v3.jpg

Edited by DeadScream

This is actually alright, and quite viable.

1. Not too bad, sorta like Freeze mixed with Soul punch.

Although, Medusa doesn't make things explode.

2. The fact that it goes up walls won't help anyone, but it will be damn cool.

3. Interesting, but no.

This is like a straight up huge upgrade of Iron Skin for Rhino.

Rhino's Iron Skin only protects him from a certain amount of damage, and doesn't reflect anything back.

Then again, Link used to be just like this as well.

It's viable, but add a timer of about 15 secs when the mod is maxed.

We can't have 30 seconds of damaging invulnerability.

That's too much.

4. This is a very decent idea. I like it.

Although again, Medusa never made anything explode.

Perhaps make it cover them in a suit of stone, instead of turning them into it.

Then increase the density and decrease the size, crushing their body beneath the rock.

Something like that.

I like everything but maybe change the mirror to you are able to move, and every damage done to you is being returned to the enemy who dealt it, and the effect wears off after... Idk, whatever de will think is good, but you will move sloweer while the effect is active? All around great idea

3. Interesting, but no.

This is like a straight up huge upgrade of Iron Skin for Rhino.

Rhino's Iron Skin only protects him from a certain amount of damage, and doesn't reflect anything back.

Then again, Link used to be just like this as well.

It's viable, but add a timer of about 15 secs when the mod is maxed.

We can't have 30 seconds of damaging invulnerability.

That's too much.

My idea is a mix between link, absorb and iron skin. Maybe should it last less long or reflect less damage ? In my idea, it would damage less than absorb, would be less viable than iron skin because no move, and the same for link. 

For things exploding, i'm okay it's to be reconsidered, Medusa didn't do that in the mythology xD 

But, well, it's a warframe, not a damned young woman with snake hair ^^ 

As it's a SF game I think we can make it explode, but not like Nova explosions, just like stone getting brutally away from the enemy and hitting the one nearby.

Edited by DeadScream