Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Channeling Damage Actually Affect Exodia Contagion's Projectile's Direct and/or Explosion Damage?

HalfDarkShadow

Question

So I've been trying to figure this out for a while now but I can't seem find much, if at all, any information on this.
The only place I could find that makes any sort of mention to this is on the wiki page: https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Exodia_Contagion

"Channeling will affect direct hits with the infested projectile and will trigger Dispatch Overdrive if an enemy is killed, though kills from the projectile's explosion will not. Despite this, direct hits with the infested projectile will not drain any energy while channeling."

I recently received a Riven mod for one of my Zaws with some bonus Channeling Damage stats, but after testing for a while now the overall damage has been consistently the same with or without Channeling active, as far as I can tell.

For a quick example: direct hits against a level 150 heavy gunner at around 10 meters would do anywhere from 200 to 249 damage if Channeling was either on or off. I thought maybe because of the Riven I was using in my build (which had 127% bonus channeling damage), and maybe it was a bug that it wasn't taking into account the Stats of the Riven itself, so I decided to switch it out with Killing Blow, and tried a fully ranked and unranked one, and from what I can tell the results were exactly the same.

At farther ranges (specifically after the 30m threshold mark for the increased damage mechanic), it's harder to tell the if it's being affected or not do to the damage numbers varying widely.
The only other thing worth noting is that despite killing enemies (via directly with the projectile itself or the explosion) while Channeling is active will show the enemies disintegrating, which could possibly just be a visual / cosmetic bug if it's found to be the case that it ends up the Arcane does not take into account Channeling damage. 

Anyways, I just wanted to know maybe I'm doing something specifically wrong or maybe I'm misunderstanding how Channeling works with this Arcane (or that wherever the page found this information isn't correct that Channeling does not affect the projectile regardless, as there are currently no sources for it's claim).

Thanks a bunch!~

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet