Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just A Thread About My Wishlist For Loki

Corpse_of_KTS

I see many other frames in the limelight (which is fine because that isn't where Loki should be) but I'd just like to list some changes I'd like to see for Loki that will, IMO, streamline him and buff his utility.

Here we go!

1) Decoy

Instead of giving the Decoy a shield and lifebar, change it's properties so that it's invincible but lasts for a SIGNIFICANTLY shorter time. Somewhere around 50% shorter.

Against high level enemies the Decoy will often be dead before Loki is even released from the casting animation. I know that you can throw them to hard-to-reach spots (which is what I do now) but this is not always practical and the tracking of the decoy placement will sometimes plop it on the floor instead of up on a ledge where you were aiming.

2) Invisibility 

Pretty much fine as-is. It'd be nice for it to cloak your sentinel as well but honestly it's not that important (for me)

3) Switch Teleport

Speed up the animation time for quicker and easier use. Also, it would be great if when an enemy was targeted, it added a slow debuff to the enemy that lasts a decent while (5-8 secs) as well as lighting them up with a "halo" of your energy color.

This can increase teamwork. For example, in high level infested defense Loki could do things like prioritize Toxic Ancients and dance around the map switch teleport slowing them all so the team can pick them off. Jump up, switch toxic ancient, it's now floating off the ground and lit up for 5 secs

Sounds fun, right?

4) Radial Disarm

I would suggest either one of the following:

speed up the casting animation (it's quite slow and can leave you very vulnerable)

OR

Change to an aim-able ability. See that mass of MOA running in from the cargo door way over there? Bam, radial disarmed them from next to the cryo pod. Pretty cool

Thoughts? Suggestions? Flames?

Edited by Corpse_of_KTS

Decoy's HP/Shields/Armor(if it has any) needs to scale with enemy/map levels. 

Otherwise I think Decoy is fine. 

Rotation goes:
Invisible > Radial Disarm > Decoy 

All enemies rushes your Decoy, gathering them up in a nice little pile for your enemies to pick off. Works pretty much like Vaubans Ultimate. . . Except that it costs twice that amount of energy AND time to pull off. A shame that.

Still Loki's pretty fun because all his abilities synergize with each other one way or another. 

3) Switch Teleport

Speed up the animation time for quicker and easier use. Also, it would be great if when an enemy was targeted, it added a slow debuff to the enemy that lasts a decent while (5-8 secs) as well as lighting them up with a "halo" of your energy color.

This can increase teamwork. For example, in high level infested defense Loki could do things like prioritize Toxic Ancients and dance around the map switch teleport slowing them all so the team can pick them off. Jump up, switch toxic ancient, it's now floating off the ground and lit up for 5 secs

I'd suggest the enemy you switch teleport takes all aggro from nearby enemies for a set amount of time depending on switch-teleport level + continuity duration.

Edited by TwiceDead

Decoy's HP/Shields/Armor(if it has any) needs to scale with enemy/map levels. 

Otherwise I think Decoy is fine. 

Rotation goes:

Invisible > Radial Disarm > Decoy 

All enemies rushes your Decoy, gathering them up in a nice little pile for your enemies to pick off. Works pretty much like Vaubans Ultimate. . . Except that it costs twice that amount of energy AND time to pull off. A shame that.

Still Loki's pretty fun because all his abilities synergize with each other one way or another. 

My suggestion for Decoy scales it to all levels evenly while keeping it balanced with the reduced duration.

invis > disarm > decoy is a nice combo but takes WAY to much time and energy, like you mentioned. By the time you do it the nova or rhino on your team has already 4'd all the enemies into oblivion.

I believe my other suggestions give similar levels of utility strength while greatly streamlining and diversifying him even more

Edited by Corpse_of_KTS

Switch Teleport (Tele-Frag) when you swap places u mess up hes re-entirey cause Damage

Radial Disarm - Why only pull the weapon and not the skull making them fall over as well as take there gun, would make more useful vs infested

would be come a minor stun while the get up.

Decoy ... oh Decoy..Decoy Decoy Decoy....dies to fast to be usesful anymore... :( maybe set a argo limit to like 12(like Bastlile max and unkillable and able to cast more then 1. army of decoys :D

I love the ideas, decoy really dies fast as hell... Radial disarm is ok but it will be awesome to make it kind of throwable, and switch teleport... I must say i like it where it is, and invis does need to hide the sent and it really matters to me, since when you go invis its a 100% that the sent is dead

I like multiple decoys maybe 1/2/3/4. And that if you aim to the same decoy it 2x/3x/4x its life.

Inv is just perfect as it is.

Switch teleport should have a faster animation and cost less energy. It would make it much more spammable and fun to use. Just think about a switch teleport with 25 energy cost. You will be trolling non stop.

Finally radial disarm, should have a bigger aoe, so it can work well against grineer and corpus. In addition, it should work against infested. Drop the useless damage, slow them down(through dismembering), [and take away the skills of the ancients]*. Optional faster animation/reduced cost. If it will cost twice what inv costs at least make it better.  

*I heard it on another post and really liked the idea since it also takes others faction's skills.

There is a more simple and streamlined way.

Let decoy be invulnerable for a fraction of its total time, say 10%.

So it will be able to do atleast something before its killed.

Then, switch teleport with allies propably should emit a shockwave from that ally (like the one seen in the trailer, where loki switches with rhino)

Effect-wise, same as heavy impact. Damage to enemies and radius are subject to focus and stretch respectively.

Switch teleport with enemies should create a temporary "chaos" effect on targeted enemy, stunning him and making him seem a tenno to his former allies. Possibly also drawing aggression from foes along with it.

Confusion is what is meant to happen, anyway.

Then, not sure if engine supports that, but loki (for the same duration) could be disguised for the enemy he switched to - not being attacked by that faction for a short bit, allowing him to run away.

Time to dig for my own suggestions, I suppose. They're just for infested though, concerning Radial Disarm.

Posted by MageMeat on 22 September 2013 - 09:24 AM

I have genuinely gone through this conversation so many times, and repeated what would be nice for so long.

I am so tired.

This is what I wish Loki's Radial Disarm did to Infested.

Chargers will continue to be damaged and knocked down as usual.

Runners and Leapers are now incapable of exploding or leaping, and can only claw at you.

Crawlers and Ancients lose their abilities (either temporarily or permanently).

Edited by MageMeat

I think what lacks in a lot of the frames now is group synergy. Here are some of my sugestions.

1) Decoy- Can we have Decoy do something else other than sit there? With so many frames having their 1s do some sort of damage or CC why cant Lokies do the same? Perhaps a effect on the death of the clone like a blind, knockdown or armor reducing effect?

2) Invisibility- I feel this to be fine as is to a point. Once again because of Lokies lack of damage abilitys I feel he should be doing more damage in his steath or gain something in a stealth kill. Perhaps adding a additional time to stealth on a kill? I dont like the idea that Ash and Loki sit the same in their invisibility other than time. Make them stand out more from each other.

3) Switch Teleport- I feel there can be more done with this. Give this ability a low set amount of damage and if you kill a target with it you become a Shadow imitation of that target where you will appear friendly to hostles for a small amount of time. In this form you can gain a free unaware crit on a additional target ending the ability.

4) Radial Disarm- I have a love hate with this. I think its great to lower the overall damage of enemys, but the fact it just does a set amount of damage to infested bothers me. If Novas Ult can slow, increase damage to a target and then cause them to explode this ability can do more than one thing.

Radial Disarm makes fun of its own name... It is supposed to "Disarm" not to "Give Arms" like melee weapons. With this skill, enemies would just have to PANIC since their guns are jammed... I do not even know the reason why it dismembers the Infested... Likewise, a friend of mine told me it is really useless in Defense missions.