The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Physx Cannot Be Enabled When I Obviously Support It

angerthosenear

Alrighty, I was running the nvidia driver 314.22 and had no issues with PhysX or the like.  DX11 and all that good stuff.

Today I updated to driver version 327.23.

I managed to get DX11 re-enabled. But PhysX just will not become a selectable option (yes, I even rebooted).

P9jr0I2.png

Apart from the PhysX version, everything else is identical.

But as you can see, the 'Nvidia PhysX Effects' is greyed out.

Thoughts?

The NVS 4200M has 1 GB of VRAM, am I right?

I think they upgraded PhysX requirements to 2 GB with one of the major updates.

I could be wrong (about the upgrade thing).

There were lots of threads complaining about not being able to enable PhysX from people with 512mbs and 1GB of VRAM.

Edit: Or maybe the requirement is 1GB. I can't really remember.

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

The following steps worked for a friend:

• Shut down Warframe if it is running.
  • Set PhysX to Auto-Select in the nvidia control panel.
  • Launch Warframe: You should be able to enable PhysX now.
  • Save setting and shut down Warframe.
  • Re-select the card you want to run PhysX.

The following steps worked for a friend:

• Shut down Warframe if it is running.
  • Set PhysX to Auto-Select in the nvidia control panel.
  • Launch Warframe: You should be able to enable PhysX now.
  • Save setting and shut down Warframe.
  • Re-select the card you want to run PhysX.

Tried that (default is Auto-Select), didn't work.  No matter what I pick, it won't allow PhysX.

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvs_techspecs.html

You have your NVS 4200M selected in your images. PhysX acceleration is not supported by this part, and even if it was, it's almost certainly too slow to provide a good experience.

Also, PhysX drivers being installed does not automatically mean you have hardware PhysX support. I have PhysX installed in my primary system, but I don't have an NVIDIA GPU in that system and can only utilize software PhysX.

Anyway, if you select your GTX 660 Ti as the PhysX processor, it should work.

Edited by Saenol

http://www.nvidia.com/object/nvs_techspecs.html

You have your NVS 4200M selected in your images. PhysX acceleration is not supported by this part, and even if it was, it's almost certainly too slow to provide a good experience.

Also, PhysX drivers being installed does not automatically mean you have hardware PhysX support. I have PhysX installed in my primary system, but I don't have an NVIDIA GPU in that system and can only utilize software PhysX.

Anyway, if you select your GTX 660 Ti as the PhysX processor, it should work.

I've had it as my PhysX processor for over a year..  the nvidia control panel on-screen display even said that the 4200M was performing PhysX while playing multiple PhysX games.

I never had any issue with it... I guess I could try to for the GT 520M driver on it (same chip).

If the 4200M is solely doing PhysX, it does fine - issue arises when it does both the graphics and PhysX simultaneously.

Good catch Saenol.

Glad to hear you got it working.

(Still no idea why it works since PhysX supposedly isn't supported on the 4200M.)

Because it was never a hardware limitation. As you mentioned, the chip is identical to what's in the GT 520M. Modding the .inf files essentially tricks the driver into thinking it is a GT 520M (even if it's labeled something different).

Glad to hear you got it working.

Because it was never a hardware limitation. As you mentioned, the chip is identical to what's in the GT 520M. Modding the .inf files essentially tricks the driver into thinking it is a GT 520M (even if it's labeled something different).

That's the even more surprising thing, I never got the modified .inf to allow installation.  It is still truly a NVS 4200M.