Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

De, Get Some Wang

lautalocos

i invite DE to try a game called shadow warrior. it came just today on steam, and it has some of the best melee combat in a video game ever.

the melee combat in that game makes you feel how powerfull the weapon is compared to fire arms.

you can see how each attacks affects the enemie body and it´s just a glorious gorefest in all the right ways.

that is what the melee in warframe should feel like, fun and a high risk-reward system.

i want that each attack of the melee weapons feel like they have weight behind them. right now, most guns feel better than melee weapons. when i use the dread, i feel like im using a bow. when i use the vasto, i feel like im using a revolver, when i use the ether reaper, i feel like im using a button on my keyboard, and that´s not fun

im no programmer, but im sure that there might be a way for the melee combat to feel better, even thoug the game is not in first person like shadow warrior

one of the ways i can think for making it at least a little better is making it work like the guns, making it equipable so that you can do combos and charge to the enemie with your sword in hand, and cutting him in half.

intestines everywhere, player happy.

i welcome any other suggestions and opinions to this topic, not like you need my permission or anything

Rated T for Teen.

if you manage to cut an enemy in half with a melee weapons, you can see his upper body part fly off, with part of his rib cage visible and all the things inside of him. still reated T for Teen.

my suggestion wasn´t just for more gore, but for melee weapons to have weight behind them