Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make A Slicing Weapon On Par With Galantine De.

Enomilli

We've been complaining that charge weapons take too much precedence in melee and now this thing is created.

Make a slicing weapon that is just as good as this thing because slicing weapons are no longer viable relative to charge weapons with this thing  in existence.

with the coming armor update, we will probably see a shift from charge weapons to a balance between charging and slashing.

in other words, this weapon doesn't upset the future balance that DE is working towards. 

I pray you are right.

400 Charge damage is going to make for insane multipliers.

We've been complaining that charge weapons take too much precedence in melee and now this thing is created.

Make a slicing weapon that is just as good as this thing because slicing weapons are no longer viable relative to charge weapons with this thing  in existence.

I'm sick of charge melee builds dominating the slicing melee style in terms of DPS.

Another thing that makes me really sad is how BOTH charge melee and slicing melee styles end up becoming obselete at later levels, forcing the players into a "Use Guns Or Die" situation.

Why show off Ash using melee weapons on the PS4 trailer when the new players will find out that the option of a melee heavy playstyle is merely an ILLUSION until they fight higher level enemies.

Since developers like feedback, and sometimes they want the feedback short and simple here's the overall idea:

TLDR; MELEE WEAPONS SCALE OFF AT HIGHER LEVELS, FORCING PLAYERS TO USE RANGED WEAPONS, SHOULD BE LOOKED AT.

Honestly, crit build Dual Cleavers do pretty well.

Also, is there a weapon that can crit on charges? 

It's called Plasma Sword.

Just letting you all remember.

Pressure Point or Strike was buffed, but at the same time more charge attack based nightmare mods came out. So melee will still be ineffective unless it's a charge weapon on those weapons.

I don't consider melee to be ineffective now, quite the contrary to be honest.

I don't consider melee to be ineffective now, quite the contrary to be honest.

The Risk Vs Reward factor is terrible, considering most things stunlock you and your dps is considerably lower then a properly modded gun.

Early game it's OP, but after that, the only thing I could see it being used for is to conserve ammo.

The Risk Vs Reward factor is terrible, considering most things stunlock you and your dps is considerably lower then a properly modded gun.

Early game it's OP, but after that, the only thing I could see it being used for is to conserve ammo.

With Dual Cleavers, I'm the one doing the stun locking. With some frost damage, I can orbit heavies faster than they can turn and the 40% crit chance and huge crit multiplier mean I am delivering very respectable AP damage in the process.

With Gram, Scindo, or Fragor, I'm knocking stuff on it's &#! and delivering a devastating charge attacks, often to the head, as they get up.

With Loki and Plasma Sword I get a 4-9k damage crit every third or fourth strike.

I frequently melee Rank 100+ foes, and such foes do die.

Melee has inferior DPS to a decent firearm, in most situations, but I do not consider this to be a problem at all. This is exactly how it should be.

Edited by Saenol

I'm sick of charge melee builds dominating the slicing melee style in terms of DPS.

Another thing that makes me really sad is how BOTH charge melee and slicing melee styles end up becoming obselete at later levels, forcing the players into a "Use Guns Or Die" situation.

Why show off Ash using melee weapons on the PS4 trailer when the new players will find out that the option of a melee heavy playstyle is merely an ILLUSION until they fight higher level enemies.

Since developers like feedback, and sometimes they want the feedback short and simple here's the overall idea:

TLDR; MELEE WEAPONS SCALE OFF AT HIGHER LEVELS, FORCING PLAYERS TO USE RANGED WEAPONS, SHOULD BE LOOKED AT.

totally agree, the dps of slicing SHOULD be higher than charge, charge should give higher peaks, and maybe it should have a recover time after the charge! so you don't go charge-charge-charge (in between a 3sec recover time is enough but fair)

and pls buff all melee!

Exactly, the release of this weapon is just a reminder that melee overall needs to be looked at.

What is the PS4 community going to think when they get a hold of this game, and the melee system is just a neat little mechanic that is only useful on the early-mid level enemies? (1-100? 150 for some melee weapons, but most fit within the previous category).

This is not a matter of power creep. This is a matter of RISK vs REWARD that desperately needs to be looked at.

-If they didn't want melee weapons to be a viable high level DPS option, and make them CC oriented support weapons instead, then don't advertise anything in the future with a frame hacking away at anything, but maybe show them slamming this stick into the ground and having their foes get knocked down. This is to prevent the false impression that the melee system is a tool of dispatching higher level foes, when it's really just a CC stick.-

Exactly, the release of this weapon is just a reminder that melee overall needs to be looked at.

What is the PS4 community going to think when they get a hold of this game, and the melee system is just a neat little mechanic that is only useful on the early-mid level enemies? (1-100? 150 for some melee weapons, but most fit within the previous category).

This is not a matter of power creep. This is a matter of RISK vs REWARD that desperately needs to be looked at.

-If they didn't want melee weapons to be a viable high level DPS option, and make them CC oriented support weapons instead, then don't advertise anything in the future with a frame hacking away at anything, but maybe show them slamming this stick into the ground and having their foes get knocked down. This is to prevent the false impression that the melee system is a tool of dispatching higher level foes, when it's really just a CC stick.-

well instead of cc just kill them, the best target is a dead target! (that's why there's no reason to focus on melee even as cc only, since guns are much easier)

Edited by Seira-EGT-

I frequently melee Rank 100+ foes, and such foes do die.

You could do it more efficiently with a gun.

Melee has inferior DPS to a decent firearm, in most situations, but I do not consider this to be a problem at all. This is exactly how it should be.

That makes no sense whatsoever considering that only very few melee weapons have enough utility/CC to support that claim. Otherwise you're just exposing yourself while also limiting your flexiblity and your DPS. It makes sense for Zorens to be lackluster in terms of DPS, it makes sense for a Fragor to not deal a whole lot of DPS, it DOESN'T make sense for a hit of any melee weapon, be it charged or not, to deal less damage than a poison dart.

That makes no sense whatsoever considering that only very few melee weapons have enough utility/CC to support that claim. Otherwise you're just exposing yourself while also limiting your flexiblity and your DPS. It makes sense for Zorens to be lackluster in terms of DPS, it makes sense for a Fragor to not deal a whole lot of DPS, it DOESN'T make sense for a hit of any melee weapon, be it charged or not, to deal less damage than a poison dart.

he tries to add realism to a space ninja game,

he tries to add realism to a space ninja game,

I'm trying to make sense out of the mess that is the current balancing. Again: Melee needs to outperform gunplay in utility and/or DPS due to the inherent limitations of it. It needs that to be remotely interesting. The rule-of-cool will not carry it into lategame.

Edited by 101blubb

I'm trying to make sense out of the mess that is the current balancing. Again: Melee needs to outperform gunplay in utility and/or DPS due to the inherent limitations of it. It needs that to be remotely interesting.

I'm not saying YOU I meant the guy you've quoted hek that's why I said HE tries to add realism to a space ninja game!