The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Idea: Dao

Cobalt313

This is actually a friend of mine's idea, but since he doesn't come here often I thought I'd post it on his behalf. The concept was that since there's a Warframe for fire, ice, and lightning (Ember, Frost, and Volt), why isn't there one for Earth?

Enter Dao. It's sort of a heavy type like Frost, only more offense-oriented than defense-oriented. It's covered in large chunks of bulky stone armor, but with less around the joints in order to facilitate movement.

Powers:

1- Boulder: Rips out a decent chunk of ground and throws it at an enemy, dealing decent impact damage and high chance of knockback. Upgrade increases damage and range.

2- Spire: Stomps the ground, causing a line of stone pillars to burst from the ground in a wave. Slow-moving, but deals moderate puncture damage and guaranteed proc Upgrade to increase range and damage.

3- Monolith: Raises a large stone wall from the ground, blocking all attacks. Has a limited amount of health, but is highly resistant to all damage except impact, which can cause the monolith to slide in the direction it was hit and deal damage at the cost of its duration. Upgrades increase its health and damage dealt by slamming.

4- Tremor: Rocks fall, everyone dies. Staggers everyone in its radius and causes boulders to fall from above, dealing massive damage. Upgrades increase radius and damage

Alternate: Dao detonates his armor, blasting everyone in range with rock shards that deal massive damage on impact. This also leaves him with a temporary armor debuff during the animation, but it quickly grows back. Upgrades increase radius, damage, and shortens armor debuff time.

This is as much of it as I remember, I might need to check back with him for more details. What do you think?

Edited by Cobalt313

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

so ur saying that they dont care what they think or uthink that it must b in the design counsel slot for it to matter? eithe way i think they should make another player inputted frame 

I'm saying I'm mostly posting these ideas and partaking in this forum in general for my own amusement; even if none of my ideas (or other ideas I like here) ever make it into the game proper, I just find it entertaining to come up with thinking up things that would be cool in this game or how to make certain other things work out better. That's just me. (not to say I wouldn't like to see an idea or two of mine get in, lol)

I think because there isnt earth on a ship that would be viable to a warframe.

I don't know if I mentioned this in the article or not, but I think the idea behind this one's abilities was that it was covered in segmented stone armor that it could separate from itself and manipulate for use in its abilities, or that perhaps it could manipulate the dirt, dust, and base metals and minerals of the ship to use in some of its attacks. Either way this was more or less meant to round off the usual "water-fire-earth-air/lightning" element wheel, and in hindsight probably did make the least of sense amongst the elements to use in space travel. Planet maps at least would give it some excuse, though.