The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Interesting Weapons Maybe ?

rksk16it

I dont have anything against DE releasing weapons like Strun Wraith, Soma, Galatine which have blatantly better stats than all of their competitors, I think they should also release some weapons with some more interesting mechanics once in a while.

Some examples I can think of :

Melee with pain suppressing frenzy : Every hit (or crit) will give a buff to player reducing dmg taken from all sources by 5%, stacking upto 15 times.

Normal Attack/Charge Attack bonus : Every normal attack increases the dmg of next charge attack or vice versa, stacking upto certain fixed number of times.

Backstab bonus on engaged enemy : Attacking an enemy from behind who is attacking a different player will give a huge bonus to crit-chance/crit-dmg/dmg.

Some freezing gun : Every Xth shot (say 3rd shot) will debuff enemy for a duration, making the target brittle, increasing crit chances and/or damage on it from all sources including weapons from other players, mind controlled enemies, redirected shots cuz of bullet attractor etc.

Some chemical weapon : Tagging enemies with explosives, after taking X amount of damage from any source, the target will explode damaging itself and other enemies nearby.

Some energy weapon : Tagging enemies with electric charges, after taking X amount of damage or shots, it will stun/stagger the enemy for a duration.

Armor Reduction weapons : This has been already suggested countless times in other threads, every shot will reduce the armor, much like Soul Punch of Nekros without sending the enemy to another galaxy.

Bio Mutation Weapon : Shots from this weapon will deliver gene modifying mutant cells (or whatever u wanna call it), slowly bringing *transformations* to enemy. After certain number of shots, enemy will be completely transformed and will side with the Tennos.

These sound more like great mod ideas rather then innate weapon effects.

Although I would love to see a weapon with innate freezing mechanics, we have fire and electric weapons already, why not freeze?

Yeap, they can be made into mods. But problem with that is they will just be slotted into highest damaging weapon. Having these effects on weapon itself can ensure low damage weapons can retain their uniqueness slightly longer than the time it takes to gain mastery to build better one.