Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Feedback

Tyrantherus

Now I realize that this is the hot topic with the fact that the Old Blood just came out, and everyone has their own opinions. While the content is relatively new, I wish to express my personal feedback from what I've seen thus far, and put forth my thoughts and ideas of how the system could be made better or less stressful for all parties involved.

First and foremost, the overall idea of Kuva Liches is in fact interesting, and I do love the idea of it. I would, however, admit that some implementations of Kuva Liches could have had corners smoothed out a bit better in some departments.

#1. The Kuva Liches themselves: The Kuva Liches themselves prove to be a pretty threatening adversary, but an interesting one to say the least. They taunt you, take your stuff, and it really builds up that rivalry in a sense, although some people see the kuva liches as a large annoyance. I feel some of this may be mitigated if the Kuva Liches are more regulated in terms of what they can steal, such as no stealing Riven Mods, or the Requiem Relics for starters, and only for them to have the ability of stealing from missions that are actually in the red areas of influence, not just if they have a spot or two on said planet. Distinctions between the liches in terms of looks do appear fairly varied, which is definitely a plus, although I do wish there were a few more personality types.

#2. Assassinating the Lich: The idea of the Parazon and the assassination of him is cool, in theory. The implementation, however, is a tad annoying to be instantly killed on a failed attempt. While it may not be too much of a downside with the sheer number of revives players have, it still feels punishing when your having to play russian roulette on the mods required. This would not feel as punishing if the amount of time required collecting murmurs was decreased, and thus it would be quicker to try and guess between less types of combinations as a result. For those not aware, at the present moment it requires 50 murmurs for one hint. Personally, I feel that 30 murmurs would be alot more acceptable. Alternatively, make it to where they don't instant KO you even from full health, but still do damage to you before disappearing, but more so calculating ahead of time and doing the full-on death kill animation if the calculations confirm it would kill you normally from that retaliation hit.

#3. Requiem Mods: At first, it did feel like a decent amount of farming, however once you get your initial set of Requiem mods which each have 3 uses, it doesn't feel too bad to be honest. I am, however, glad that there are not more than 8 requiem mods, or else it would feel like the trial and error method before unlocking more of the murmurs is completely useless. Its still tedious to do it the ol trial and error method (with free chiropractor service included), but still within the range that doing it that route for at least one of the requiems isn't too bad.

#4. The Rewards: Naturally, everyone wants the shinies at the end of the tunnel, the carrot at the end of the stick, and probably one of my biggest gripes. At the present moment, there isn't too much incentive to spare a Kuva Lich. Unpredictable help is typically not something one chooses over a guaranteed weapon. The Weapon choice, on the other hand, I feel needs to be reworked somehow in terms of either acquisition, or a capability on the players end post-obtaining the weapon. I do enjoy the fact that the weapons bonus damage does reflect what warframe you used to kill the Kuva larva, but the random % of bonus damage severely kills a lot of the enthusiasm from the liches in many cases. When you end up with a random lich with a 20% bonus elemental damage vs. the guy next to you getting a 59%, and you have no way to drop your current kuva lich in favor of that one, it stings, especially since no actions you have actually determined that % value, or at least not that we can perceive. In this respect, I feel that the % value of the elemental damage should be solved in one of several different ways. Option 1. Have the Kuva Liches bonus damage scale upon the Kuva Liches level. It would make sense that the more renowned the lich is, the more it would increase the power of its armaments. Option 2. Have the Kuva Liches bonus damage be based upon the level of content you had originally assassinated him in. Naturally, higher level content yields better rewards. Not my personal go to, but it is an option. Option 3. Have the ability to increase the output by spending Kuva. It would make sense that Kuva weapons would be boosted with said resource, and tie everything nicely together with Kuva being used to boost kuva weapons or rivens, players choice, while obtaining the relics to get the requiem mods to kill the liches, going full circle.

Final Words: Overall, similar to when Plains of the Eidolon hit, it is very shaky at the moment, not in the best ways, there's bugs, there's balance issues, and finding the right amount of grind to where it feels rewarding, yet time consuming. I think we can all agree that there is potential here to be something great, but many faults are hindering it at the moment. I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this newest feature of warframe as is, and hopefully our feedback is read and helps the dev's understand our thoughts on the matter.

#4. The Rewards: Naturally, everyone wants the shinies at the end of the tunnel, the carrot at the end of the stick, and probably one of my biggest gripes. At the present moment, there isn't too much incentive to spare a Kuva Lich. Unpredictable help is typically not something one chooses over a guaranteed weapon. The Weapon choice, on the other hand, I feel needs to be reworked somehow in terms of either acquisition, or a capability on the players end post-obtaining the weapon. I do enjoy the fact that the weapons bonus damage does reflect what warframe you used to kill the Kuva larva, but the random % of bonus damage severely kills a lot of the enthusiasm from the liches in many cases. When you end up with a random lich with a 20% bonus elemental damage vs. the guy next to you getting a 59%, and you have no way to drop your current kuva lich in favor of that one, it stings, especially since no actions you have actually determined that % value, or at least not that we can perceive. In this respect, I feel that the % value of the elemental damage should be solved in one of several different ways. Option 1. Have the Kuva Liches bonus damage scale upon the Kuva Liches level. It would make sense that the more renowned the lich is, the more it would increase the power of its armaments. Option 2. Have the Kuva Liches bonus damage be based upon the level of content you had originally assassinated him in. Naturally, higher level content yields better rewards. Not my personal go to, but it is an option. Option 3. Have the ability to increase the output by spending Kuva. It would make sense that Kuva weapons would be boosted with said resource, and tie everything nicely together with Kuva being used to boost kuva weapons or rivens, players choice, while obtaining the relics to get the requiem mods to kill the liches, going full circle.

Heavily agree.Hope DE can get those feedback and make some efforts soon.

And,mostly players play this mode to collect those Kuva weapons for Rank level.Each of those weapons can reach LV.40 at most,which means 5 forma will be used on each of those 13 weapons,that's 65 forma in total.Shouldn't there be some activities that can help us alleviate the lack of forma?maybe the Ember Ayatan Star on the reward list of relic can be changed into forma to deal with this.At the same time,should prevent players getting the same Kuva weapon or at least the rate of that should be lowed down.

Apart from that,I personaly think the rate of droping those new Ephmera should be 100% when players choose to mercy their lich,or there would be no push for players to choose to mercy.