Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Daily Tournaments

Risenzealot

Hey guys I was posting in another thread I made and came up with what I think would be a really great idea.

Daily tournaments with differing rule sets. I was thinking there would be two a day. One for guilds/clans and one for Solo players.

Everyday the rule set would change, such as person to clear a system the fastest. Perhaps throw in things like "pistols only" one day and "healing warframes only" the next.

At the end of each Tournament the winners could be announced in the news feed and then even better maybe once a quarter or once a year (depending on how long it takes to release new content) the solo player or guild/clan with the most daily tournament wins could get a system named after them.

I think that would rock and would add in a little PvP flare for folks who like that kind of thing w/o introducing the need to balance for anything other then PvE.

What do you all think?

This sounds more like a challenge mode.. :D

I mean it would be cool if you could have ''challenges'' in the maps like in vindictus just like that: only pistols, no skills, no heals, no jumping. i dunno.

Tournaments imo, could be time trial type things. I mean, 4 man team, running through a really hard mission as fast as possible, with as many kills as possible, as minimal KO/Deaths as possible and as minimal skills usage as possible.

With tweaks this could be awesome. I mean a raw version

25% enemies killed = 1 point

50% = 2 points

75% = 3 points

100% = 5 points

5+ minutes = 0

5 minutes completion = 1 point

4 - 5 minutes = 2

3 - 4 minutes = 2

2 - 3 minutes= 3

Skills used 10+ = 0 points

7 - 10 times = 1 point

3 - 5 times = 2 points

1 - 2 times = 3 points

0 = 5 points

I dunno, you get the idea.. :D The numbers need to be done so it motivates to do both, be fast AND kill enough enemies so this is very RAW version of what i have in mind..

Eitherway, i like the idea of tournaments. It would be cool to see some ''teams'' run through maps with more tactics, speed and efficiency. Since there are some kick-&#! players out there, i'm sure they would come up with something sick. :P

Edited by Torguish