The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quicktips On Loading Screens

plastictrash

It's not a big deal, but maybe you could add another couple quicktips that explain some game mechanics, that you'd otherwise have to accidently stumble upon in the game or look up on the forum.

Like explaining the relationship between cameras and Corpus laser gates, or that you can shoot shock neuros off of your squad mates, or dodge roll to get rid of leeches.

Not everyone reads the forum, not everyone makes these connections by themselves, and to be frank, it's quite annoying when a squad mate runs ahead in a Corpus mission and constantly triggers cameras you can't reach.

Edited by plastictrash

Especially with a game that aims to be full of neat tricks and fluid combat, apart from a good tutorial we really do need loading screen tips!

it's lovable to discover things and tricks....

dont spoil the fun and let us find out the new triks by ourself

Many of the moves that I know I found by accident or was taught by other players... while this is a cool way to find new moves, I think not everyone will have a chance to learn it like that. I still catch many players that tell me "Warframe is a boring, rigid shooter" who don't know basically essential moves, because they never heard that they exsisted.

To have these moves accessible by everyone through tutorials and tips is the best way to let everyone enjoy them, not just those that find them by accident or reading a forum post.

Especially with a game that aims to be full of neat tricks and fluid combat, apart from a good tutorial we really do need loading screen tips!

Many of the moves that I know I found by accident or was taught by other players... while this is a cool way to find new moves, I think not everyone will have a chance to learn it like that. I still catch many players that tell me "Warframe is a boring, rigid shooter" who don't know basically essential moves, because they never heard that they exsisted.

To have these moves accessible by everyone through tutorials and tips is the best way to let everyone enjoy them, not just those that find them by accident or reading a forum post.

yeah surely the basics should be explained , ppl dont even go check key binding, so yeah you may be right

Well, I guess you've played the game before Update 6 already, so you've already been familiar with the mechanics, when wallrunning was introduced. The thing is, there are Grineer asteroid bases on Mercury already, and with the last hotfix, DE added asteroid rooms where you have to use wallrunning to advance.

The wallrunning mechanics are never explained in the game, and I've seen a lot of new players just standing there infront of a wall, not knowing what to do. And honestly, after explaining it five times to different people, I have to say, maybe I'm a jerk, but I don't want to do this anymore, because if the game requires a player to do a specific task, the game should explain that to the player.

And besides that, people unwittingly triggering cameras on Corpus missions, the moment you run through a door, so the laser fence goes off and bounces you three times until your shield is down and you're left with 3 hitpoints - if you're even more lucky, while you're on your way to the exit from a boss that just dropped that BP you were farming for 2 days, and then you realize you're out of revives. Yeah, that's just super annoying. And I don't blame the players, it's the game's job to introduce core mechanics, instead of assuming that people will figure them out themselves eventually.

I distinctly remember doing a boss mission a few days after the introduction of the new asteroid base wallrun rooms.

Three people standing over 5 minutes in the room in spite of being given an explanation.

Teaching the player the skills necessary to make it through basic gameplay (movement, melee, shooting) is essential.

Figuring out the finer details comes after that.

A tutorial/training stage for movements would be necessary in my opinion for example.

It's been said that would come in time, though.

Please no onscreen information during loading. This game runs so well they'd either fly by or players would need to click to continue. Almost every game on the market copies the format, and by now it comes off as tacky.

Please make the tutorial stage optional. I love discovering how to play. For users in my boat, every forced training situation falls flat. No exceptions in over ten years of these systems: If we find ourselves handheld by a text prompt or voice clip to perform our actions one by one, we get bored. While rotely going through the motions to reach the fun and experimentation ahead, we tend to assume one of two things:

A) The game developers think very negatively of their audience's learning ability, and furthermore their audience's ability to handle any challenge or learning curve. They designed around this idea.

B) The game developers simply cannot manage, despite their best efforts, to design a game that properly guides its players. Likewise their incompetence would no-doubt seep into every other facet of gameplay. They tried to design around this idea and probably failed.

I try to give the benefit of the doubt and assume the former, but less patient players assume the latter. Mandatory Tutorial Level started out kind of interesting ten years ago, but it picked up some really, really dark prospects along the way. I say avoid it.