Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Locker Hacking Options

TwoWolves

Long-shot, but here goes:

How about make the X_Open Container command have a secondary command that activates when you have a mod (that needs to be made for this) to allow you to do what your companions can do: force open darkened lockers? So, if you don't have the mod, lighted lockers would say, X_Open Container. If it's dark, and if you have the mod, that changes to X_Hack Lock.

Alternatively, make it so you can call your Kubrow to your side with a key binding so they're not sitting there staring at the wall while you're 150 feet above on a hidden platform twiddling your thumbs, wondering where your kubrow is and why they aren't coming up to by you? You could modify this command to say (when you have a kubrow capable of hacking lockers) X_Have Kubrow Hack Lock? 

Would love to see more interactivity with the environments in the tile set. This could be one subtle way of doing so, and wouldn't have that big of an impact on game mechanics (in terms of making it unbalanced), but would make solo missions more fun and meaningful.

Edited by TwoWolves

I'd rather just have quite frequent 'rare lockers' that need to be hacked to open, but have guaranteed better drops than normal lockers. Not quite so far as rare crates, but something like two energy orbs, a small pile of credits, a guaranteed mod drop and a guaranteed rare resource packet.

• Like 1

Well, I was figuring for farming credits and low-rent crap, but damn, I like your idea, too. 😂

On solo missions, I usually take the kubrow around and have him pop open everything. I've gotten so many ayatan crystals that way, it's ridiculous. lol For me, it's a zen thing to wander around and check out the detail, so I don't mind crawls for all the secret areas. We do have the three-cache thing with the white boxes, and the corpus labs in the Gas City tile set, though. Still, it would be interesting to find one needing a lock combo to pop, too, like you describe.