Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

An ideal for a new expansion

(XBOX)ThreadingDamean

So I had an idea for a new expansion. It starts with getting an alert from the Lotus that the Grineer are trying to hijack some orokin terraforming equipment, and that they probably want to merge it with their cloning tech to produce better Grineer soldiers. She sends you to a few of the planets with heavier Orokin influence to stop the Grineer from poking around and finding anything that could prove dangerous in their hands. You are successful in stopping the Grineer from obtaining much (they could have found something to allow a bit of wiggle room for new Grineer) but not before they accidentally activate an old Cephalon that was in charge of operating the terraformers. Now, this Cephalon starts out really broken, I mean worse than Ordis, to the point where the only thing on their mind is fulfilling the task set to them by the Orokin. This causes little at first, a few new plants, maybe a bit more wildlife, but the Lotus is uneasy and she is rightfully so. In the Cephalons damaged mind, boundaries are blurry. So it starts making terrible creatures, amalgams of animals and plants that are extremely aggressive, and the Lotus tasks you to stop it. She sends you to the same planets you went to to stop the Grineer, only this time to stop the machines mass-producing monsters. As you go through you get pieces for a new warframe and bits of the Cephalons backstory. They weren't some assassin or warrior like Ordis but one of the lower tier workers, who lived their lives in fear of their perfect golden gods and even now long after the fall of the Orokin Empire it is this fear that drives their broken mind to work. When you finally reach the Cephalon's core, you're kind of left with a melancholic feeling and you get the choice of transporting them to another Cephalon like Simaris or Suda, or just deactivating them. Either way, you get a new plant-based warframe and a little garden for that middle part of your room in the orbiter. The terraformers could give you a number of new plants to scan and take home, as well as 2 new open world nodes. A peaceful garden where you can fish, mine, hunt, and gather plants (this could allow for a new settlement and new modular weapons, as I've always wanted to build a nice chunky warhammer), and a desolate place where the terraformer had been contaminated with the Infestation. Producing stronger more dangerous beasts (probably on Eris or one of the later planets), and could be treated like an open world or survival mission but with more juggernauts and maybe a few rogue helminths. The warframe though, I would very much appreciate them being more androgynous. Slight of frame, almost shapely, but lacking is defined bust or buttocks, commonly referred to as they/them. I thought the name Thorn would be cool and their attacks could be like rose brambles and spiked roots.