Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kuva Lich Feedback & Changes

(PSN)LeonidasxGGG

Kuva Lichs

First of all, it is kind of incomprehensible that the Parazon was developed by the Orokin THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO so they could kill an enemy devised THOUSAND OF YEARS LATER by the Grinner. The Parazon is a "hacking tool", plain and simple, it only changes AFTER the Second Dream... But I'll get back to this further ahead.

Right, now the Kuva Lich system works like this:
A. Kill the Lich Larving.
B. Grab requiem relics.
C. Open relics to get Requiem Mods (I'll refer to them as RM from now on).
D. Fill the Murmurs.
E. Find the Lich and try sequence.
F. Kill the Lich.
[G. Put 5 forma on it to get full MR, plus 1 more for the Exilus slot... So, 6 forma X 13 weapons = 78 Forma!! Multiply that for 3 factions (Grinner, Corpus, Infested, like DE intends to do in the future) and you get 234 FORMA!!!... lol. No.]

Now, back to Lichs, there is a LOT of back-and-forth in this system. Specially between C and D , and in E and F. And you need to do this 13 times!... I hate it. And imagine doing this for all other factions!? I've done it ONCE and will not do it again until this system changes. And I have a feeling that most player will be burned out after their third weapon.

So I suggest an alternative method (something possibly for Empyrean):
A. Kill the Lich Larving.
B. Grab Requiem Mods DIRECTLY from Kuva siphon missions (or Thralls).
C. Fill Murmurs (I know they suck, but they would only stay with a reduction on the amount needed. If not, rather scrap the entire thing).
D. Find the Kuva Lich Empyreal Space Cruiser (that's right!), and use the RM in your Parazon to OPEN THE LOCKED GATES to get to the Lich and kill it.

This would make the "mission" a LOT more similar to waht was showed at Tennocon this year, but it would also follow this premise: the Kuva Empyreal Ship (this can be entirelly new - thus Empyrean - or a re-used Grinner ship with Kuva colors - black and red) would have 3 gates before the final area where the Kuva Lich is. These are locked, and you needed the correct RM to open them. Kuva Siphons/Flood provide the access cards (aka Requiem Mods... maybe even drop from Kuva Guardians?) because they are responsable for the Larving, thus they have all the safe-conducts. But, because there are SO many Lichs now, how do you know what RM is to each ship and opens what door?... Well, that's where the Murmurs come in. Because the "invaded" territory in linked with your Lich, you need to get from Thralls the 'right' information on what RMs to use (a bit like beaten up a small bad guy to find out where is boss is).
The ship would only be visible on your Starchart, if you had a least one RM equipped on your Parazon, and... here is where we come back to it. The Parazon being a HACKING TOOL, is used to open each door to progress to the Kuva Lich on the last level*. Think of it like the Orokin Vaults where you need to equip the right Dragon key to open them. Only this time, the keys (3 of them) are in your Parazon. With Murmurs, a symbol would happear above the door, or above the console, with the correct RM to use. You would then only need to select it (UI similar to choosing requiem/relic rewards... but about Requiem Relics I'll talk more ahead). The Parazon would still play a role in the "dramatic finish" of the Lich, but as a quick-time event*.

Wanna go a step further? How about a way to bypass Murmurs farm altogether?... Get a squad (that's right, just like Vault Runs) and everyone takes a diferent RM in their Paragon. Once you get to the locked gate, the player with the correct RM hacks it and you move forward. However, in a squad there would need to be 4 gates just to balance the odds (4 players x 3 RM each = 12 RM. But there's only 8 RM in game so, 3 gates seems a bit easy because everyone would have duplicates. 4 gates evens it up a bit... IF no one has any Murmurs). This would also make the Assassination more in line with what "Kingpin" was supposed to be, a group event.
Now, if you go Solo and you don't have the correct RM, the Lich appears and kills you... If you manage to defeat it, you can try again (but if you now only have 2/3 of the right RM, why would you?). If you go in with a squad and someone chooses the wrong RM, the Lich also happears but you can defeat the Lich and try again. If you managed to defeat it all 4 times (one at each of the 4 gates), it will have less health in the final area/arena... And btw, did I mentioned that more than ONE Kuva Lich might be at the end? That's right. ALL active Kuva Lichs would be at the end! You think one is hard, try fighting FOUR at the same time (one of the perks of squads... We can't make everything too easy, squads would have to rely on diferent weapons and abilities to defeat them)... Sounds like a LOT of trouble? Well, you can do squads of only 2 or 3... But what if EVERYONE won EVERYTHING the Liches stoled from EVERYBODY!? (That's right DE you eard me. Wanna makes do this a bazillion times? Reward us in kind).

Now, there could be ways to balance/complicate but I won't get into that tight now...

Regarding Requiem Relics: I don't mind that they are in the game, but they don't serve any real purpose in this system, specially if we could now get RM directly from Kuva missions. However, I do not dislike them. They could be used to get the Parazon (imagine that to kill the Lichs you would need a 'special weapon/device' that Pallamino would offer you... In bp and parts. If we had any duplicates we could trade them for ducats just like primes). And they could be something that Iron Wake would hold for further development in the game (maybe requiem relics VI, VII, etc... for new weapons or new warframes? I mean, the Prime system works fine. And since DE isn't developing any more Quests for Warframes... Why not? They put Grendel in Arbitration rewards for Pete's sake! They might as well start putting new stuff in Pallamino - that has a only TWO itens in her store).
I know DE creates new resources everytime a new warframe comes out so that people HAVE to stay in game farming something, but Void traces are CAPPED. Ence it would serve two purposes. Getting people to play while always be rewarded (you do get to choose 4 rewards, and work towards a new Riven), and get players to play for that one resource that they know they can't stock pille millions of.

Independently of how all this might change, let me just say that I hope this (or a similar system) is one day implement (also) for the Acolites, but instead of "kill or convert" we get to choose between "kill or play"... Ence, Stalker Mode!

*(view concept pics here: https://mobile.twitter.com/LeonidasX666/status/1201568403389124609 )

Edited by (PS4)LeonidasxGGG
concept pics