Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How Do Accuracy Penalties Actually Work (On Enemies)?

Audbot

Question

Hello! I'm sorry if this has already been answered, but I've searched around and had trouble finding information on it.

My question is: what's the nitty-gritty math of how accuracy penalties (such as a Radiation proc or Titania's "Dust" Aura) affect enemy attacks? For example, suppose that an enemy's aim graph gives them an 80% chance to hit me at a given range, and there's an effect that gives them a 50% accuracy penalty. Does that effect...

a) Reduce their 80% hit chance by 50%, resulting in a 40% chance of hitting me? 
b) Reduce their 80% hit chance, but use some calculation like Base Hit Chance / (1 + Accuracy Penalty), which gives us something like 0.8 / 1.5 and results in a 53% chance of hitting me?
c) Increase their 20% miss chance by 50%, increasing it to 30% and resulting in a 70% chance of hitting me?

Option A seems like the simplest, most intuitive way... but given how math in Warframe tends to work, I'm inclined to be suspicious of it. (Note that I'm filing the "adds an additional roll with a 50% of causing the attack to miss" possibility under this option, since it's mathematically equivalent.)

Option B seems a little more elegant, since it handles stacking effects more neatly by putting everything on a curve without any risk of pushing the hit chance below 0%... but it has a little bit of a "this effect is smaller than it might appear" thing going on.

Option C (or something like it) is the one I'm worried about, but it's the one that's most similar to how accuracy modifiers effect the player's weapons -- where they only have a noticeable effect if an attack is already somewhat inaccurate. With the other options, I can consider accuracy penalties to be broadly equivalent to a similar amount of damage reduction, but with Option C I'll need to be aware that I'm still very vulnerable if I'm at an enemy's optimum range.

This is definitely something that's hard to get a sense of in play, so it'd be nice to know how it's actually meant to work.

Thanks for your help!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet