Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Improving Mod Drops And Variety: Unique Enemies On Each Planet/mission/tileset

Aure7

Just to add to the mod drops, people would also LOVE more enemies just for the gameplay itself. And making them unique to some kind of planet rather than faction would be awesome AND would help the mod farming.

Saw a lot of complains about the drop tables 2.0 
So Quick and basic adjustments here:

Since it might be hard to search for specific enemies:
Make some enemies specific per planets and maybe some missions. For example capture on pluto has a lot more fusion moas and only survival on Ceres spawns a variation of some enemy that has it's own drop table.
And more variation in enemies? Like less new weapons but more enemy types on updates? So every planet and mission would feel different even though there are only 3 factions.

we have different variations of corpus tilesets like corpus ships and corpus outposts, so why not have:
Enemies specific to tilesets or certain tiles in them? So you'd have to search the ship or an outpost for let's say barracks to find more of the enemies you need.

Pretty much what we have with phobos, only there you can find jetpack guys and so on.

Edited by Aure7

well no, 2.0 is way better. I am just offering some tweaks that would be fun for gameplay too.

I am guessing you've not reset since,, I have farmed long and hard for 120 hours, and just now got a Serration.

I had to farm Toxic Ancients for 2 weeks to even get a Hornet Strike.

Beforehand every race had their own drops, now they crammed the rarest mods  onto each rare enemy, and if the mod is a rare mod itself... good luck.

I am guessing you've not reset since,, I have farmed long and hard for 120 hours, and just now got a Serration.

Beforehand every race had their own drops, now they crammed the rarest mods  onto each rare enemy, and if the mod is a rare mod itself... good luck.

in the end, who choosed to reset?

the idea of spreading players across the solar system rather than having 50% of players sitting Xini is still good

in the end, who choosed to reset?

Even if nobody resets, there are new players out there too. I just dont want to think how a new player manages to play this game without spending a single penny and who nobody who is well established already.

Edited by rksk16it

Drop 2.0 should be fixed anyway. Now I'm always anxious about whether specific enemy drop the mod I'm looking for or not all the time. I'd like to just concentrate on "hack and slash a tons of enemies". I think that's the core of this game.

Drop 2.0 should be fixed anyway. Now I'm always anxious about whether specific enemy drop the mod I'm looking for or not all the time. I'd like to just concentrate on "hack and slash a tons of enemies". I think that's the core of this game.

that's why enemies unique to planets and missions would be great. You wouldn't have to worry about that during the gameplay, just pick the right spot.

@aure

Drop 2.0 is flawed in concept for the exact reason you mention. What's the difference between per enemy drops and per faction drops when all enemies of a faction spawn on every one of their missions?

There needs to be some mechanic in game, either certain planets or specific conditions in missions where you can at least look for a particular type of mob. IE : lua planet always spawns at least one group of grineer rollers on alarms. Another planet might spawn at least one group of commanders on alarms.

It would have made a lot more sense to just add each mods to reward tables for specific missions, unless they were going to do something like above.

@aure

Drop 2.0 is flawed in concept for the exact reason you mention. What's the difference between per enemy drops and per faction drops when all enemies of a faction spawn on every one of their missions?

There needs to be some mechanic in game, either certain planets or specific conditions in missions where you can at least look for a particular type of mob. IE : lua planet always spawns at least one group of grineer rollers on alarms. Another planet might spawn at least one group of commanders on alarms.

It would have made a lot more sense to just add each mods to reward tables for specific missions, unless they were going to do something like above.

well my topic is suggesting ways to improve it just like you've just told.

IMHO, the first few levels should give new players a remedial version of the core mods as a 100% end of mission reward; ie: The Terminus has a Remedial Vitality that boosts health by 20% per level, and maxes out at 120% (rank 5). That way new players can reliably farm them to get a head start on essential health/shield upgrades until they finally get the standard Vitality/Redirection.

But back to the main topic, yeah, the fact that mods and such drop from specific enemies works in a game like, say, Borderlands or something because you can reliably go to a specific location and farm them until they drop it. The issue with this game is that very few enemies are guaranteed to spawn on the same map since they're always randomly generated. For example, Ballistas. I literally hadn't seen one of them for like, a month. Imagine if Redirection was bound to them. You'd never get it.

So +1 to you, we need specific levels to have a guaranteed chance of spawning specific enemies if we want this system to work reliably.

IMHO, the first few levels should give new players a remedial version of the core mods as a 100% end of mission reward; ie: The Terminus has a Remedial Vitality that boosts health by 20% per level, and maxes out at 120% (rank 5). That way new players can reliably farm them to get a head start on essential health/shield upgrades until they finally get the standard Vitality/Redirection.

best idea ever, please make a post of this for DE to see.

Edited by notionphil

just make sure they only drop on mercury, or are guaranteed rewards for completing missions on mercury.

I smell entire warframe population populated in mercury from then on.

We already have terrible nightmare rewards which do not depend on the level, terrible survival mission rewards which do not depend on the level.

I smell entire warframe population populated in mercury from then on.

We already have terrible nightmare rewards which do not depend on the level, terrible survival mission rewards which do not depend on the level.

To repeatedly get a common mod which would drop 100% of the time from a level?

We're talking about a reduced strength version of redirection, vitality, serration, hornet strike and pressure point, being rewards for running one planet mercury - so noobs can, you know, play the game?  Anyway, lets not muck up your thread as this topic merits its own thread.

What would this have to do with nightmare mode ???

I'm 400 hours in and still haven't seen a Tactical Pump drop.  Presumably it's a bit easier now that Bombards spawn in Apollodorus survival, but I've murderized well into the hundreds of Bombards and ain't seen TP drop.  I did finally get a Sanctuary, though...so I guess that's something.

To repeatedly get a common mod which would drop 100% of the time from a level?

We're talking about a reduced strength version of redirection, vitality, serration, hornet strike and pressure point, being rewards for running one planet mercury - so noobs can, you know, play the game?  Anyway, lets not muck up your thread as this topic merits its own thread.

What would this have to do with nightmare mode ???

was just saying that nightmare rewards are very unbalanced. And I don't want any future mistakes like this.

A token system parallel to RNG to acquire mods, BPs etc. It will solve most of such kinds of problems.

Some players no-life'ing to accumulate tokens at a very high rate ? Can be easily fixed by capping the max number of tokens you can earn per day and also capping the max number of tokens you can have. The latter to prevent players hoarding it for next update.