The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Slots?

Ragethunder

I noticed League of Legends was referenced here for comparison. Obviously they are quite a bit different but to be fair, in the most recent Q&A i did see one of the Dev's reference it as well. If you look at their model, you DO HAVE TO PAY for additional runepages. you have TWO to start with.. TWO!! If you are going to play ranked and be flexible to any degree, you HAVE to have more than just those two slots. Why do I point this out?

League - Access to game, limits what you can "Store" in runes for your "Champions"

Path of the Exile (also previously referenced) - You pay for "Storage" which is for your characters.

OTHER games have similiar limits to Warframe (mechwarrior was referenced, as others are in-line with that too). The list could go on and the fight i am sure will continue.

When you get some info about these games this gap in comparison becomes smaller.

But im sure people will still throw these stuff around no matter what because they are just focusing on certain aspects.

Are people who bought a $50 founders pack even concerned about slots? Or just the ones who haven't spent yet?

No, I am clearly not concerned about slots. That $50 I dropped on Founder's status (after 40+ hours of gameplay without spending a dime, mind you) is going to last me a very long time. Which is kind of my point. Slots are Not Expensive by any reasonable metric. At worst, with the $5 pack, you'd be paying $1.33 for a frame slot and $0.80 for two weapon slots. That's still totally reasonable, IMO.

When you get some info about these games this gap in comparison becomes smaller.

But im sure people will still throw these stuff around no matter what because they are just focusing on certain aspects.

not to mention the DE made a remark in the live stream that think of the warframes and champions when asked about gender options

They should have gone with the League of Legends model. Everything is free but can take a long time with alot of play time to acquire. There's a reason its considered one of the best F2P models out there.

This games model is actually quite terrible. The price of platinum is way out of whack and once you build a second warframe, you really have no reason to ever play this game again unless you plan on paying. F2P should be built around impulse purchases, not required purchases. Nothing in LoL is required but i've spent so much money on it none the less. I don't think i'd ever spend any money on this game because everything seems like a huge rip off.

They should have gone with the League of Legends model. Everything is free but can take a long time with alot of play time to acquire. There's a reason its considered one of the best F2P models out there.

This games model is actually quite terrible. The price of platinum is way out of whack and once you build a second warframe, you really have no reason to ever play this game again unless you plan on paying. F2P should be built around impulse purchases, not required purchases. Nothing in LoL is required but i've spent so much money on it none the less. I don't think i'd ever spend any money on this game because everything seems like a huge rip off.

Ya.. it's really terrible when there are 3 things in the game that are far from essential to play which you have to buy with real money when the remaining 90% are obtainable for free.

You can have 4 Waframe Slots and 8 Weapon slots with the 50 starter plat and you can only use 1 Warframe and 3 Weapons at any given time and colours are just for the looks in the game and nothing more so you have enough space to find out what weapons and warframes you like and if not... sell them and free up the slots.

Everything else is not "needed".. only "wanted"... and therefor it is not wrong to charge for it real money to finance the game.

Ya.. it's really terrible when there are 3 things in the game that are far from essential to play which you have to buy with real money when the remaining 90% are obtainable for free.

You can have 4 Waframe Slots and 8 Weapon slots with the 50 starter plat and you can only use 1 Warframe and 3 Weapons at any given time and colours are just for the looks in the game and nothing more so you have enough space to find out what weapons and warframes you like and if not... sell them and free up the slots.

Everything else is not "needed".. only "wanted"... and therefor it is not wrong to charge for it real money to finance the game.

That certainly should not prevent free players from acquiring those wants though. Some people would like to have more variety in their arsenal without having to give up what they invested a fair deal of time and effort into. I'd be fine with paying several million credits for some weapon slots or a warframe slot. Something thats time consuming but not near impossible to achieve. Something that paying for would be a viable alternative or equal to working just as hard in game for it, just faster.

If you bust your back working in RL to make enough money to spare on a game, thats fine, you deserve what you pay for. If you have enough free time to dedicate to the game and work towards something that is truely difficult to achieve, you should be just as deserving as if you had paid for it and nothing you strive for should be out of your reach, at least in a F2P game.

That certainly should not prevent free players from acquiring those wants though. Some people would like to have more variety in their arsenal without having to give up what they invested a fair deal of time and effort into. I'd be fine with paying several million credits for some weapon slots or a warframe slot. Something thats time consuming but not near impossible to achieve. Something that paying for would be a viable alternative or equal to working just as hard in game for it, just faster.

If you bust your back working in RL to make enough money to spare on a game, thats fine, you deserve what you pay for. If you have enough free time to dedicate to the game and work towards something that is truely difficult to achieve, you should be just as deserving as if you had paid for it and nothing you strive for should be out of your reach, at least in a F2P game.

+1

I don't think i'd ever spend any money on this game because everything seems like a huge rip off.

5 bucks gives you 75 plat which you need 20 for 1 warframe slot and 12 for 2 weapon slot.

The rest, outside of the colors and two weapons skins, can be acquired through the game in someway.

And let's not forget that you get 50 free plat at the start at the game.

5 bucks gives you 75 plat which you need 20 for 1 warframe slot and 12 for 2 weapon slot.

The rest, outside of the colors and two weapons skins, can be acquired through the game in someway.

And let's not forget that you get 50 free plat at the start at the game.

wich was originaly only to be used for super charging when the pro system was inplay so you could get 1 warframe and 1 weapon supercharged the 50 play will be gone probably on release

DE gave you option to have almost EVERYTHING for free instead of buying it, why do you even asking about lowing slot prices? You are asking to make warframe completely free, but it cannot exist without money.

He's not asking to make them free. I personally am of the oppinion that games should have two options to getting items. Work hard in game for it, or buy it the easy way. I would be fine if warframe slots took 250k credits, or even an orokin reactor to unlock. I just am wholely against it being $$$ only.

If they did a whipe again, and I hope they do only for this reason - but it is a big hope - I'd spend all my plat on more slots for weapons and frames. I'm totally okay waiting 3 days, 12 hours + the farming time for a frame to be built.

EDIT: More importantly I feel the need to distinguish that my options are "Spend cash" or "Spend time" to obtain stuff. Neither is "FREE". And for the record, I beleive my time is worth a lot more than any price tag, especially considering how I choose to use it.

Edited by J-Pax

Limiting the amount of gear and warframe slots a payer can have essentially limits by a significant amount how much of the gameplay the f2p player can experience. I don't think that is a good thing, if the f2p player has enough time to invest in the game, then they should be able to unlock all the warframes and weapons without having to drop cash so that they have room for them. In it's current state, making people pay for inventory space is detrimental to the game, it makes f2p players feel heavily restricted in what aspects of the game they get to experience, and it makes paying customers like myself feel like I am wasting valuable platinum on needless and petty transactions, when I could be spending it on cool stuff, like new warframe skins, or guns, or colour palettes, or new warframes that I don't have time to grind for because I have a job.

I understand that the game needs to make money and I want it to succeed, that why I became a founder. But spending money on inventory slots just so I can then spend money on the things I actually want feels really petty and stupid.

Me "oh cool, a new warframe or weapon just came out, F*** I'm excited, I think I'll spend some money on that."

Digital extremes "Sorry bub, you have to purchase more inventory space before you can buy that new frame."

Me "...... Seriously? Sad face forever :'("

f2p Player "oh cool, a new warframe or weapon just came out, F*** I'm excited, I'm gonna grind really hard an play this awesome game a whole bunch so that when they make it available for the f2p crowd, I'll have all the resources necessary to craft it"

Digital Extremes "sorry kid, you have to buy inventory space for that, or you could just delete one of you items that you spent AGES levelling and throw all of that time and effort into the digital toilet so that you have space for this new shiny thing"

f2p player ".....*sounds of heart breaking* sad face forever :'("

Basically the idea that you have to pay for inventory space benefits no one. It makes paying customers feel like they are being unnecessarily gouged, and it makes f2p players who may not be able to afford inventory space feel like all of the time they invest in the game is for nothing. The end result is less people playing the game, and less people spending money on other transactions because it artificially inflates the base cost of any item, which doesn't benefit DE either.

Other f2p games have hundreds of inventory slots, encouraging f2p players to grind for their gear, and paying customers to amass a good collection without them feeling like they are being ripped off. Black light retribution comes to mind.

Edited by CosyPigeon

wich was originaly only to be used for super charging when the pro system was inplay so you could get 1 warframe and 1 weapon supercharged the 50 play will be gone probably on release

Why would they change it?

And if i remember correctly super charging the guns before were just 10 plat.

The plat was there for you to spend it on what you like, it's wasnt strickly just for one thing or another.

Selling an itme you've ranked up to rank up another is like removing some of your experience bar to fill it up again, It's just redoing what you've already done with an inability to turn back.

I've got Trinity, Nyx, Volt and Loki Warframes and they're all fun and I'll use them to grind materials. But I also like the look of Rhino but I'm not willing to put in another £19 ($30) just to get this one suit but paying another small amount just so I can then use what I've payed for to get the next warframe seems like just a way to mine money out of everyones hands.

Buying 75 plat is not worth it as all I need is 5 plat as I've got 15 left over.

Another solution would be to put in actual micro-transactions for individual items which would bill you the amount of plat you actually require instead of a lump sum that may leave some left over or be just short of what you need.

So are u gonna hold on to that mk1 Braton when it does not meet up to par with the higher lvl rounds? or are u gonna trade out to a Boltor or a Hek that can, that can be a real asset in those areas