Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rubedo Rubedo Rubedo

cypherhalo

Ok, seriously. I know you need some rare mats to add some challenge to making some of the items. That is more then fair. That said, does it always have to be Rubedo? I am sitting on 3 or 4 different blueprints right now which all need Rubedo. It is a bit crazy as it basically forces me to play Earth over and over again. Yes, I know Pluto offers Rubedo as well but I'm still working way up there, they're a bit crazy tough for my current level. So, can we add some more diversity here instead of just making everything cost Rubedo? So, you know, I have reasons to play some of the other planets other then, well, I feel like it?

The entire crafting/resource system needs a rework honestly. There are too many resources that are seldom (if ever used). Pretty much the ONLY resources that I find myself having to farm (due to almost everything requiring them) are alloy plate and rubedo. I never have enough of it, and it takes forever of farming the same levels over and over and over again to get it. Meanwhile I'm sitting at around 60k nano spores. They really should make it so different warframe's parts cost different materials, and add some variety to what's needed to craft weapons, it's getting flat out not fun having to farm alloy plate and rubedo every day instead of working on clearing the rest of the areas I have left.

Edit: I'm sitting at 2 level 30 warframes and a third at 25 right now with a slew of lvl 30 weapons. I can't even just log on and farm the missions I enjoy to get the resources that I'm FORCED to get if I want to make anything new. I have to just keep plugging along in pluto, venus, or ceres.

Edited by Indaliceo

All Warframes each require 800 rubedo and 150 alloy plates.

Alternative Helmets all require 350 alloy plates.

Gram, Fragor, and Scindo all require 300 rubedo and 80 alloy plates each.

Boltor requires 500 alloy plates.

Dual Zoren requires 80 alloy plates.

Akbolto requires 2 Boltos, which require 300 alloy plates each.

Dual Heat Swords require 80 alloy plate.

Kraken requires 300 alloy plates.

Hek requires 500 alloy plates.

Pangolin Sword requires 300 rubedo and 80 alloy plates.

Jaw Sword requires 300 rubedo.

Did I miss anything?

Also: dem nano spores

Edited by Dalewyn

This is like Rubedo and alloy plates are allrounder metals or something... ~.~

Either reduce the amount required or make them easily available !(or they can just rework the crafting)

i got blueprints of 2 swords( dual axe and scindo-made it)

blueprints of Rhino(3/3) parts and trinity(2/3)

and boltor,

now all i need is Rubedo, been farming it for 2 days ~.~

maan i just checked and foundout that i hav 3x rhino helmet blueprints, wish i could trade / sell them(to other players)

Edited by Zyfe3rX

They really need to add a use for nano spores...however, to the rubedo/alloy plate situation, here is what DESteve had to say:

X is too rare in the game! (Not enough reward alerts! Drop XYZ is just too hard to get!)

We are continually looking at the stats and tuning the drop/rarity tables to give players the best experience. As you can imagine for some things we are offering for sale, we need to be tread carefully between frustrating free players and ruining the value of purchases made by players that can support us.

Edited by Strat

I would love to have an exchange trade of somehow, 100 polymer = 1 rubedo or 1 alloy sort of thing, to make use and balance of all resources better, i am in a pickle as wellr egarding many resouces as i have high amount of them, why? drop rate is higher for them and their usage is less.

I would love to have an exchange trade of somehow, 100 polymer = 1 rubedo or 1 alloy sort of thing, to make use and balance of all resources better, i am in a pickle as wellr egarding many resouces as i have high amount of them, why? drop rate is higher for them and their usage is less.

Then they would have to put in special algorithms to account for the value fluctuations between the resources. For example, if the value of polymer goes way up, and rubedo becomes useless, then the trade system becomes obsolete without changing the trade ratios.

Then they would have to put in special algorithms to account for the value fluctuations between the resources. For example, if the value of polymer goes way up, and rubedo becomes useless, then the trade system becomes obsolete without changing the trade ratios.

What is your suggestiont hen? just increase the dropr ate? get more when it drops?

No, they will then change it to 1 polymer bundle = 100 rubedo. Something along those lines.

I gave a suggestion to it, so give me a better one saying no because of this and that is easy, coming up with something better is far superior so beat my idea if you think it is bad.

And i asked you if they should increase Rubedo and alloy plate drop rate or the amount of time/chances it has to drop in this case.

Edited by SixShot

I gave a suggestion to it, so give me a better one saying no because of this and that is easy, coming up with something better is far superior so beat my idea if you think ti is bad.

I never said your idea was bad..I was just saying that if the value of resources were to change, then the trading system that you brought up would become obsolete. I was simply agreeing with you, but trying to fix a major flaw in your rather good idea.

No need to become defensive.

I never said your idea was bad..I was just saying that if the value of resources were to change, then the trading system that you brought up would become obsolete. I was simply agreeing with you, but trying to fix a major flaw in your rather good idea.

No need to become defensive.

I ask you again give me an less flawed idea. Give me a better idea you are obviously pretty smart no offense not trying to be sarcastic but come up with something.

I am not being offensive believe me even if it might seem like it, i employ you to give something better in return not to prove me wrong or to show of or put you in a corner, because anything that helps bring in more rubedo/alloy plate in other ways is good in my books, even with real life money.

If you can see the major flaws in this idea then give of a better idea because obviously it will be less flawed because you will think of it.

Edited by SixShot

They should just rework the entire craft system. They should make it so crafting a warframe would require all the materials in the game. So far the only material left out when crafting a warframe are nano spores, circuits, gallium, and neurodes. Maybe take out Rubedo in system for nano spores or circuits.

To better illustrate the resource consumption distribution right now, here's a list of how many things a given resource is an ingredient of:

Common (drops in packs of ~150)

Circuits: 2

Ferrite: 8

Nano Spores: 0 (Zero, zilch, nada, nil.)

Polymer Bundle: 19

Salvage: 7

Uncommon (drops in packs of 10~40)

Alloy Plate: 15

Plastids: 2

Rubedo: ~20 (approximately)

Rare (drops in packs of 1)

Control Module: 1 + # of warframe systems

Gallium: 5

Morphics: 2 + # of warframe chassis

Neural Sensor: 3 + # of warframe helmets

Neurodes: 6

Orokin Cell: 5 + # of warframes

Numbers might be off slightly as this information is pulled from Wikia and some of the info there might not be up to date; it should not however affect the point of the above listing.

Obviously from the above, when making items the crafting system demands a disproportionate share of rubedo (300~500 per consumption) and alloy plates (80~500 per consumption), both "uncommon" resources, with the only comparable demand being polymer bundles (50~150 per consumption) which are a "common" resource making polymer bundles a non-issue compared to rubedo/alloy plates.

Meanwhile, some resources like nano spores, control modules, plastids, and circuits are almost non-existant in demand due to a lack of need even though many of them drop like flies (dem nano spores).

The resource distribution, and honestly the resource and crafting systems outright, need a back-to-the-drawing-board overhaul because the current system places disproportionate value on rubedo and alloy plates because we never appear to have enough, while making most other resources completely worthless because any demand for them is either already or immediately satisfied with little effort if there is any demand at all.

Right now we sigh when we get drops of rare resources like morphics, while we celebrate with the fury of a thousand suns whenever rubedo/alloy plates drop. This is wrong and not healthy for the game.

Edited by Dalewyn

To better illustrate the resource consumption distribution right now, here's a list of how many things a given resource is an ingredient of:

Common (drops in packs of ~150)

Circuits: 2

Ferrite: 8

Nano Spores: 0 (Zero, zilch, nada, nil.)

Polymer Bundle: 19

Salvage: 7

Uncommon (drops in packs of 10~40)

Alloy Plate: 15

Plastids: 2

Rubedo: ~20 (approximately)

Rare (drops in packs of 1)

Control Module: 1 + # of warframe systems

Gallium: 5

Morphics: 2 + # of warframe chassis

Neural Sensor: 3 + # of warframe helmets

Neurodes: 6

Orokin Cell: 5 + # of warframes

Numbers might be off slightly as this information is pulled from Wikia and some of the info there might not be up to date; it should not however affect the point of the above listing.

Obviously from the above, the crafting system demands a disproportionate share of rubedo (300~500 per consumption) and alloy plates (80~500 per consumption), both "uncommon" resources, with the only comparable demand being polymer bundles (50~150 per consumption) which are a "common" resource making polymer bundles a non-issue compared to rubedo/alloy plates.

Meanwhile, some resources like nano spores, control modules, plastids, and circuits are almost non-existant in demand due to a lack of need even though many of them drop like flies (dem nano spores).

The resource distribution, and honestly the resource and crafting systems outright, need a back-to-the-drawing-board overhaul because the current system places disproportionate value on rubedo and alloy plates because we never appear to have enough, while making most other resources completely worthless because any demand for them is either already or immediately satisfied with little effort if there is any demand at all.

Right now we sigh when we get drops of rare resources like morphics, while we celebrate with the fury of a thousand suns whenever rubedo/alloy plates drop. This is wrong and not healthy for the game.

So you're saying that the reason we have no alloy plates/rubedo isn't because they don't drop enough, it's because we use it too much. Therefore, simple solution would be to either change the alloy plate/rubedo distribution rate between builds or to increase all the others materials.

That's the gist of it as far as I see of this issue.

The supply-and-demand for rubedo and alloy plates is completely screwed up because the meager supply for them does not even come close to their disproportionate demand. Meanwhile, the supply-and-demand for most of the other resources is completely screwed up because there's not enough demand for the sheer supply we have access to.

I personally have 90k nano spores, 11k ferrite, 10k polymer bundle, and 20k salvage, but I have nothing to use them on while I am constantly required to farm rubedo/alloy plates if I want to make new goodies.

Edited by Dalewyn

So you're saying that the reason we have no alloy plates/rubedo isn't because they don't drop enough, it's because we use it too much. Therefore, simple solution would be to either change the alloy plate/rubedo distribution rate between builds or to increase all the others materials.

I know that's personally what annoys me.

If the mat usage was a little more balanced (IE: maybe make 1-2 more resources uncommon and use it instead of alloy plate or rubedo in some of the recipies) then it wouldn't be so exausting trying to make stuff to try the new guns out. I know most of us don't WANT the drop rate increased, we just want the mat costs of recipies changed to make better use of the other mats rather then "Well everything that's desirable is going to cost these mats period.". And attitude like that will drive away a good portion of the playerbase since it will make the game insanely dull and boring to play if it stays in the state of *Buy schematic > farm rubedo > farm alloy plate > make schematic > repeat* since it means most people are almost completely locked into playing the same planets over and over and over and over again.

Some possible solutions;

- An option to reprocess mods for resources - Warframe mods give rubedo, weapon mods give alloys (and both have a small chance to turn up a random 'rare' mat, neurodes or a control module etc). The yield amount depends on the quality of the mod (whites 5-10, greens 10-20, blues 20-30). This gives the player a choice of turning unwanted mods into cash or resources, whichever is needed at the time.

- Give rubedo and alloys a small chance to drop in any mission, anywhere. Won't stop people farming the hotspots where it drops more commonly, but perhaps a new player will have some built up in the bank by the time that shiny blueprint drops. Since everything in the world seems to be made out of these two things, it makes sense you'd find them all over.

- Make boxes containing 50-100 rubedo or alloys and add them to alert and login bonus reward lists. If possible, use them to replace the +weaponxp rewards. Then take the +weaponxp rewards out behind some bins and club them to death with a spoon.

- Add resource booster consumables and artifacts.

- Make all bosses drop rubedo where they would otherwise drop the regional uncommon mat. So, bosses would either drop a bp, a rare, or rubedo - running a boss is never a total waste of time.

- Don't add boxes of rubedo to the store for plat only. That's more of an anti-suggestion, but it's probably the most important one.

Some possible solutions;

- An option to reprocess mods for resources - Warframe mods give rubedo, weapon mods give alloys (and both have a small chance to turn up a random 'rare' mat, neurodes or a control module etc). The yield amount depends on the quality of the mod (whites 5-10, greens 10-20, blues 20-30). This gives the player a choice of turning unwanted mods into cash or resources, whichever is needed at the time.

- Give rubedo and alloys a small chance to drop in any mission, anywhere. Won't stop people farming the hotspots where it drops more commonly, but perhaps a new player will have some built up in the bank by the time that shiny blueprint drops. Since everything in the world seems to be made out of these two things, it makes sense you'd find them all over.

- Make boxes containing 50-100 rubedo or alloys and add them to alert and login bonus reward lists. If possible, use them to replace the +weaponxp rewards. Then take the +weaponxp rewards out behind some bins and club them to death with a spoon.

- Add resource booster consumables and artifacts.

- Make all bosses drop rubedo where they would otherwise drop the regional uncommon mat. So, bosses would either drop a bp, a rare, or rubedo - running a boss is never a total waste of time.

- Don't add boxes of rubedo to the store for plat only. That's more of an anti-suggestion, but it's probably the most important one.

Pretty sure an easier solution is to substitute rubedo and alloy plate with other materials to even it out so it won't be in constant high demands. Nano Spores are only used so far in 1 weapon bp that I got. So we can use nano spores instead of alloy plate or rubedo. Same could be done for Salvage, Polymer bundle, and circuit.