Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Helmet Art Concept (Type 2)

-BELLUM-

Here's another helmet concept for the Excalibur warframe. A bit more uniformed then the previous i enjoyed making the color patterns.

For fun, give it a name and what warframe attributes it would provide. :)

excalibur_helmet_2_color_by_sleepbrush-d

For more helmet concepts click the links below...

EXCALIBUR HELMET ART CONCEPT (TYPE 1).... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115157-excalibur-helmet-art-concept-type-1/

EXCALIBUR HELMET ART CONCEPT (TYPE 3)... https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/115680-excalibur-helmet-art-concept-type-3/

Edited by -BELLUM-

I said this on council chat and I'll say it again....That is one sweet looking concept man! Personally I like the visor, maybe colourable with the frame's energy? 

Warframe helmets don't have eye slots, one alt-helmet for the Ash aside.

Um dude....What is the point of an ALTERNATIVE helmet if it doesn't add something new to the frame's design? Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but seriously, if you're going to give criticism at least do so in a way that is constructive; merely giving a statement about a current trend is not criticism, it's just a pointless sentence.

Onto the naming of this beauty, maybe the name could be Kabuto? Excalibur is marketed as a sword wielding space ninja after all, and this is a very ninja-looking helmet. Maybe bonus melee or ability power with a reduction to armour so as to give him that kill-before-be-killed vibe this helmet emits.

no eyes. warframe is about mutation and unnatural killing machines in a sect, we have no personnalities, no goal, no soul nor ennemies if we have ONE helm like this, warframe will turn into power rangers.

imho, try to draw more skulls, study how bone grow (and insects, insects are awesome ), try to imagine that the frames are connected thru nerves directly in the wearer :)

good luck and gogodraw ^^

Edited by kimahn

no eyes. warframe is about mutation and unnatural killing machines in a sect, we have no personnalities, no goal, no soul nor ennemies if we have ONE helm like this, warframe will turn into power rangers.

imho, try to draw more skulls, study how bone grow (and insects, insects are awesome ), try to imagine that the frames are connected thru nerves directly in the wearer :)

well at the least you elaborated your opinion, but there are enough eyeless helmets. adding some here and there with eyes would be nice.

Warframe helmets don't have eye slots, one alt-helmet for the Ash aside.

Seriously, I'm surprised how unobservant most people seem to be. If warframes don't have eyes or visors, explain:

-BOTH alternate Ash helmets

-Volt's default helmet

-The cyclopean thing going on with BOTH Volt alts

-Banshee's visor on the default

-A case can be made for Frost's Aurora

-Vauban's Esprit

-ALL of Mag's definitely have distinct visors

-Nekros has his own cyclopean thing going

-A case can be made for Trin and her Aura

Yep. I totally agree, Warframes don't have eyes (half of them aside).

EDIT: And Kimahn, I might add, I have no idea where you pulled that "about mutation and unnatural killing machines in a sect" bit but that's just ridiculous. So designing an exoskeletal weapon system that is then worn by a sort of vigilante police force (not exactly their role but as long as we're oversimplifying things, at least it's more accurate than you) qualifies as "mutation?" So an order of space ninja that tries to keep the balance in the solar system so an all out war doesn't destroy everything we know (and don't know) qualifies as a "sect" of "unnatural killing machines?" You say we have no personalities, and I call bull****: we may not have our memories but we are not robots; we're people. You say we have no goal, but truthfully speaking, our goal is simply unclear--save that we are trying to save the Origin system from the predations and wars of the Corpus and Grineer. You say we have no soul, and while that can be interpreted in a religious fashion I'm just going to point out once again that we aren't robots, and its implied that we have a strict code of honor. You say we have no enemies--where the **** have you been hiding for the past all of Warframe? If we have no enemies then what do you call the Corpus, Grineer, and Infestation? The Corpus in particularly specifically hate us as personal enemies. That was possibly the most deliberately ignorant thing I've seen someone say on these forums.

Edited by Siubijeni

eyes are suggested. it look like optics, not eyes. it is because you are used to see a face, you need these marks but i can assure you, none on these can be used to look throught even for the human shaped one, the vauban

edit : play as hayden tenno, draw the lines between the dots. anyway, i have nothing to discuss about, think whatever you want, this is the beauty of videogames :)

Edited by kimahn

eyes are suggested. it look like optics, not eyes. it is because you are used to see a face, you need these marks but i can assure you, none on these can be used to look throught even for the human shaped one, the vauban

Opinion noted, looking over the 3 remaining sketches i've done i think the next helm will be more to your liking.

Oh, you can assure me? You've worn a warframe, then? You've experienced this yourself? Spare me.

You can't possibly know that, and why are they there if not to be looked through? There is a person in there, after all. Presumably on the one's without eyes (and probably the ones that do, if they have the technology) the whole helmet is one-way transparent. And while personally, I always thought that made them look more intimidating, which is good for space-ninja, I have absolutely no problem with the ones with eyes because that doesn't inherently make them worse or less intimidating, just more direct. Without eyes, you really can't tell exactly where they are looking or what they can see, which as a psychological factor is huge. But depending on the design, a visor can be just as good--look at the Mandalorians.

EDIT: I apologize for neglecting to mention anything about my thoughts on the helmet, Bellum... Kimahn's outrageous claims distracted me. It looks great, I like it a lot more than your first one (not that there's anything wrong with the first one, I just personally don't like it much). The slit-visor fits very well with the overall kind of sharp look of the helmet. I'm thinking a boost to melee speed with a penalty to shields would be a good fit, and perhaps the name Tintagel (fits with the others).

Edited by Siubijeni

Can this have some augmentation on slash dash rather than stats?  I like it, I would like it to also be unique.

Suggested augmentation - slash dash can now turn while the player is mid dash if they player is fast enough to look where they want to go.

Opinion noted, looking over the 3 remaining sketches i've done i think the next helm will be more to your liking.

i actually like your previous arts, this helm could be a new corpus unit frame based, i would reaaaally love it :) same for the infested previous one ... an individual creature, less "hivemind" and more self centered with this helm could be awesome :)

@hyper, they want to remove boosts from helmets, making them a pure cosmetic thing :'(

Edited by kimahn

edit : play as hayden tenno, draw the lines between the dots. anyway, i have nothing to discuss about, think whatever you want, this is the beauty of videogames :)

If you think that qualifies as a counter in the slightest, then for starters: you need better English because half of these sentences are incomplete. If you're saying we play as Hayden Tenno, then no. We don't. As for drawing a lines between dots, that's what I'm doing. You're drawing lines wherever the heck you please and not passing within a mile of the dots we actually know. You don't want to discuss your ignorance, that's fine, but kindly do not go spouting crap that directly contradicts established lore... give me cancer with how wrong that was.

Some things are left open to interpretation, sure. But if you think you can just use that and "the beauty of video games" to directly contradict established plot points and lore, you're dead wrong, because some things aren't left open to interpretation and make no sense. For some of us, the story of a game matters (and as a writer I take that sort of thing personally, even if it's not my story), and if Warframe were as you described it I would not be able to play for alternatively laughing and crying at how overwhelmingly bad it was.

Edited by Siubijeni

i actually like your previous arts, this helm could be a new corpus unit frame based, i would reaaaally love it :) same for the infested previous one ... an individual creature, less "hivemind" and more self centered with this helm could be awesome :)

@hyper, they want to remove boosts from helmets, making them a pure cosmetic thing :'(

D: That would make me so sad!  I like the trade offs