Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Could master rank 9 calm down a bit

(XBOX)Gloom Reality

MR9's stealth test is notoriously hard as far as I know, but most people agree there are definitely ways to trivialise it, or at least make it much easier. It's just kind of a weird test because there's so few cases in the game where the skillset it's testing is ever completely required. Don't give up, and don't forget to practice it over at Simaris' place until you're comfortable.

Here's some extra tips, just in case:

• Bring a glaive or gunblade. This is how most people would recommend to do it since having a ranged melee weapon is a huge advantage in terms of stealth. Glaives are silent, and even their explosions are classed as such (if I remember correctly), but I was able to do this with Redeemer (my personal recommendation) and it's much longer ranged attacks, despite the noise it makes. Glaives are limited to 30m range compared to gunblades which only suffer damage falloff at longer ranges (still enough to kill the targets in my experience), so the choice is yours. Just know that enemies still get spooked (though eventually return to their patrol route if you lay low) by seeing projectiles and will actively look for you, so practicing careful corner peeking is recommended even with these weapons.
  • Do not underestimate the value of enemy radar perks. Even with the previous strategy where you pick off enemies from a good range, knowing when they're coming for you (and also where they're looking) is invaluable. There were a couple of times when I did the test where looking around a corner would have been game over, so knowing that there was a spooked enemy looking (and walking in some cases) right toward me was a huge advantage.
  • Bring fast equipment. It makes a good difference. Both frames and weapons. Weapons with faster attacks and ultimately faster stealth finishers will leave you with much less time vulnerable (coincidentally, not having to go through with stealth finisher animations is also a benefit to glaives/gunblades), while faster frames will obviously let you get in and out of position more efficiently. Again, even when using a gunblade or a glaive, these are still valuable traits because you need to position correctly and stay out of sight.

With practice and the correct tools, everything is possible. Good luck Tenno, and don't be discouraged if it takes you a while. (Even if that while is just waiting for Redeemer to finish crafting.)