Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

First Impression On War Frame

kiwicanfly

first time playing this game today, and it looks really good.

though I ended up getting lost on the first map, as i didn't realise that the exit is on the bottom of the deck..............

would be nice if the scene was more iluminated

really hope that more people come and join this game

My first experience also. i got really lost on the fisrt mission, knowing that the real entrance is a level below I'm standing on.

But it was fun. It gave me a big break from all the PvP games I've been going through today.

Edited by ReaverShale

My first experience also. i got really lost on the fisrt mission, knowing that the real entrance is a level below I'm standing on.

But it was fun. It gave me a big break from all the PvP games I've been going through today.

Agreed. PvP is all well and good but everyone and their grandma is doing PvP these days and it gets kind of old. There's only so many times "Noobdestroyer2000" can kill me before my fun level starts to go down. It's nice to play something PvE and this is a great game. I know there is more good stuff in store (hopefully they will fax the map to make it a bit more clear) so I hope lots and lots of people play this one. It is a shame it seems to be flying under the radar, get some interviews in the gaming magazines and get this game on Steam! :-D

Hello my fellow Warframes well me and my 3 brothers have been playing this game all weekend and i must say i am very impressed with this game. I have been waiting for the chance to play and i must say this game met and exceded my expectations by a large margin. we had only one problem with the maps we played and that was the hostage maps sometimes the hostage pathing got real screwy but other then that smoth as silk. i look forward to see what is to come and how far this game will go.

P.S. i havent played every planet but so far i havent seen any maps on planets would be awsome to have some planet side maps wink wink.

Hey all. Just joined this weekend and racked up more hours then someone thats married with a kid should be allowed to do. In my defense I was under the impression that open beta was it and I'd have to wait for the next beta. Well I grabbed founder status so from what I'm gathering now I can keep on playing.. so.. that excuse isn't going to work with my wife anymore.. but thats my problem not the devs of this wonderful game!

Wanted to share some of the things I encountered.

Wall running: Easy once you know what your doing. Be nice if there was a tutorial or something because on the first mission I ran into where we had to run up a wall you had 4 warframes (super powered dynamos) running repeatedly at a wall to disappointedly bounce off. Occasionally one ran a few feet with everyone prompting "how'd you do that?!". That lasted 10 minutes with several trips to the internet to help clarify.. still ended up doing it on accident the first time.

Server lag: This is beta, so I'm sure this is one of the reasons you let loose an open beta is to see how the load impacts your severs. I just wanted to acknowledge it was there. At times noticable, a few times I got booted, and 1 time was really bad to the point that I was shooting and my would be target would jerk and disappear. Not gonna beat a dead horse on this one, I'm sure you guys are aware.

Group indicator (I mentioned this UI feedback): Something to indicate who's in your group and their HP. Really, something very small and unobtrusive would be preferable in my mind, but just something so i know if someones about to bite it and really so I know someones in my group.

Protection missions (as someone else already mentioned): Did about 3 or 4 of these. Honestly worked fine 3 of times. 1 time he seemed to be drunk, suicidal, or stoned (ha ha ha). But other than the 1 time it was no problem.

Electricity magnetic (Evil) grenades: Just a couple thoughts on these. First let me say I'm not familiar with *How* the existing functionality should work so if I state something its coming from ignorance. If they're supposed to suck down your shield and blow up, if they're set on a timer, or if they're indefinate until someone destroys... i've seen all 3. Not sure if they're any of the above, but all 3 seem to happen in equal parts so if it *is* one of the above, they're bugged. Also, I'm not sure where the hit surface is on them, but is there any way to broaden it a bit? I say this because I've witnessed several times the whole squad huddled around a person melee'ing and shooting and for the life of us can't seem to find the little bugger. I *think* you're supposed to shoot the grenade, but I submit to you if I unload on someone with a fully automatic boltor (which I'm apt to do regardless of friend or foe) that little sucker should be TOAST! Anyways, just a minor annoyance but one I'm not sure was intended.

Last thing- We fought the boss from... Mars? Maybe not. The big guy with 4 legs thats invulnerable until you put him down. Ok, nice fight, no complaints except (this is huge and I hope easy to fix) his HP of his body didn't update. We didn't research so we didn't know the mechanics. So going in there we'd knock him down and go "huh". Well the first thought was "Unload on his body!".. which we did... and his HP didn't move!!! So, 2nd thought was "uh, maybe theres a mechanic to drop those mines on him".. his hp didn't move. We got all super mario on him and started trying to jump on him, hit him from below, throw shells at him... his hp didn't move. Well, we both ran completely out of ammo and it had been 25 minutes of fighting and his life hadn't budged so I disconnected. Did some research, came back, and here's the thing: when I rejoined, he was at half life. So, it updated when I left and came back! But, after we finally beat him, my friend said for him (who never disconnected) it *never* went down. That was down right demoralizing and frustrating. Might have been a 1 time bug but man.. that made us want to quit for awhile! When we beat it I was gun-shy about going back in there but I did last night knowing what to do and beat the tar outta him like a boss. Just a minor thing but boy, if this is an issue, if you could fix that before next open beta I'm sure alot of newer folks would love being spared the frustration. Again, *if* its an issue and not a 1 time thing.

Ok, those are a few things I thought I point out/suggest. That said I love this game and can't express that enough to my friends. It scratches an itch I didn't know I had. I can't wait to see what new things roll out in the future! Thanks for the great game and all the effort you've put in to get it to this state. It really shows and is apprecaited!

Edited by panthyr