Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Suggestion On... New Weapons And Gear

NoeleVeerod

Some concepts for additional weapons and gear. Some of them are probably not fit for a space ninja game, but I'll go ahead and tell you what I thought nevertheless.

GEAR

Grenades - well, duh, grenades... with ninjas? It's not Call of Duty after all. Here is what I thought these "grenades" should be like:

(*) SMOKE - a smoke ball that impairs vision and reduces the accuracy of all enemies caught in the blast radius. Great if you need to make a run for your life and your foes are landing too many shots.

(*) STUN - a ball that stuns all enemies caught in the blast radius. Makes up for a good way to fix your enemies in place, following up with an accurate shot where it hurts like crazy.

(*) CORROSIVE - this one is a little like the Corrosive Projection aura mod. All enemies caught in the blast radius will suffer from reduced armor (by a slight amount though). Think of the possibilities, one hurting more than the other.

(*) EMP - this one is very situational, you can reduce your enemies' shields by a large amount or negate them completely. Also, Grineer jetpacks will short out for a while, and MOAs will be less accurate. Now that's something.

WEAPONS

Dart Gun

- This is a good addition to any stealth player. Incapacitates your enemies so that you can just slip by (not recommended, they won't buy any "you just fell asleep" excuses for true) or finish them as you see fit (most recommended). Has a small clip with only two bullets (or even one). Yeah, if it reminds you of the Mk22 in MGS3 it's fine - it actually reminds me of that gun as well. And just as MGS3's Mk22, the dart gun is a silent weapon.

Mauler Gun

- The Mauler Gun's concept would be a Grineer interpretation of a Gatling Gun. No, not a Gorgon, but a machine gun with rotating barrels and good damage. However, for being such a faceroll weapon, it comes with a price - it's effing heavy. Any Warframe carrying the weapon will suffer from slightly reduced speed (or maybe not), and will have to deploy the gun and operate it from a fixed position. You can compensate this handicap with a small ballistic shield provided on the gun.

I said "Grineer interpretation", right, because this gun could replace Kril's Gorgon. He looks far more fit to use the Mauler Gun without having to stand still, and as for the shield... it's not like he needs it, he's already invincible when firing his gun.

Tokaros

- I have suggested a new melee weapon in the shape of dual battle hammers a while ago, and will do it again. Basically it's like the Dual Zoren, but instead of a slashing weapon it would be a blunt weapon.

All these concepts could probably use some polishing, so if you have any suggestions please be free to post them.

P.S.: on the "grenades" gear section... noticed I didn't include lethal weapons? They don't mesh well with ninjas, as already hinted, so I only suggested for instruments that could do that. As far as I know ninjas sometimes employ trap balls (the game Shinobido comes to my mind), they don't necessarily have to be lethal.

Edited by Vintovka