The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wallrunning

Notso

Question

So I've been told that to do a wallrun I hold down my sprint key then press and hold my jump key while approaching a wall at about 15 degrees. However if I hold down my sprint key, the game won't let me jump! And then if I let go of the sprint key to do a jump, it won't let me wallrun because I'm not holding sprint any more...

So how the eff do I wallrun?

21 answers to this question

So I've been told that to do a wallrun I hold down my sprint key then press and hold my jump key while approaching a wall at about 15 degrees. However if I hold down my sprint key, the game won't let me jump! And then if I let go of the sprint key to do a jump, it won't let me wallrun because I'm not holding sprint any more...

So how the eff do I wallrun?

you're not supposed to jump to do a wall run. Just hold down the jump key as you sprint. If you want to use jump once you've mastered wall running to get some extra height, You can but it's iffy.

Again, you don't have to jump to do a wall run.

Well currently (I just did a mission where I just mashed the relevant keys in random orders), I'm doing the following:

Hold Sprint (L-Shift) + Hold Direction (W) > Release Sprint > Hold Jump (Spacebar) > Hit wall > Hold Sprint again

It seems like a ridiculous combination to have to press every time I want to wallrun.

I will try resetting my keybinds to default and see if it will let me jump while holding sprint, which is what everybody else seems to be able to do...

you're not supposed to jump to do a wall run. Just hold down the jump key as you sprint. If you want to use jump once you've mastered wall running to get some extra height, You can but it's iffy.

Again, you don't have to jump to do a wall run.

Ahh right! So I just hold both keys as I approach the wall?

Okay, now it's not working any more. Could somebody tell me the exact key sequence I need to press to wallrun? >_>

Hold down sprint, When you're coming up on the wall ((At an angle, most important part)) you press down the space bar ((default jump key)) and press the direction key that is aimed at the wall ((W for left, D for right, nothing to run straight up)) and once you've attached yourself to the wall, while continuing to hold down both sprint and jump ((shift and spacebar)) You press forward. and you will wall run.

Now if you want to launch yourself off the wall, you release jump, If you just want to fall off the wall release sprint.

Fairly straightforward, just takes some practice.

It's straightforward once it's explained well - but there's nowhere I've found that actually explains how to do it - even the Wallrunning 101 series on YouTube didn't help. It's still not working for me. I sprint towards a wall at an angle, then hold the direction and jump keys simultaneously, and my Warframe just runs into the wall like a retard...

I'm curious, did you try doing a simple vertical run? If you didn't I'd suggest to try this first, since you can just concentrate on the timing for the keypresses this way and don't need to bother about the angle of attack.

As for the timing, you can actually do both, jump at the wall first, or go straight into a wall run. In both cases you should press and hold sprint, run towards the wall, and press and hold jump before you touch the wall, while still holding sprint. Only after you connect to the wall you can let go of sprint. Pressing jump early will result in jumping at the wall, while pressing jump closer to the wall should go straight into the wall run.

Also, just in case, make sure that your keyboard doesn't do stupid stuff, since this has already prevented someone from doing wall runs.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/10611-unable-to-wall-climb/

The problem I'm having is that everybody is telling me I should only let go of sprint after I connect to the wall. But if I keep holding down sprint then my character cannot jump at all. Quite simply nothing happens.

At the moment I'm doing this:

1. Sprint towards a tall wall at 90 degrees to it, while holding down the sprint key.

2. Just before reaching the wall, while still holding sprint, I press jump.

3. My character shows now response to me having pressed jump, and continues to run into the wall.

What the hell should I be doing? I guess I will experiment with keybindings. Could somebody please difinitively tell me: can you jump while holding sprint? Because if you can, then the problem is with my keyboard or something.

Yeah you can, it doesnt matter if your in the air or on the ground, as long as you started the jump while sprinting....(and hold sprint!)

All you have to do it to hit the wall at a certain angle. ( holding jump and shift)

And when you want to get off just release jump.

Pls note that you can´t wallrun on any surface.

If you need a sparing partner, i would volunteer.

Okay, I changed my sprint key from space to alt, and now I can do wallruns just fine. What's annoying though, is that the game won't register me pressing my left shift if I'm already holding down spacebar (what my sprint key was before). Oddly, this is a problem specific to Warframe - BF3 and PS2 have no problem with me using my left shift and spacebar at the same time...

If anybody knows how to fix this, that would be fantastic, because I have spacebar as my sprint key in every other game I play...

But if I keep holding down sprint then my character cannot jump at all. Quite simply nothing happens.

That is wierd, normally you can sprint and jump at the same time, you need to fix this problem before you can wallrun.

Maybe you made a mistake in the key binding, so you should try resetting the options. If that doesn't work I'd just reinstall the game, it's probably not the smart option, but it will fixe almost anything.

Well I actually just reinstalled W7 to try and fix a lag problem I've been having in BF3 and every other MP game I own (7 shotgun rounds into a guy @10m and no damage done...). So I'll be reinstalling WF as well ^_^

Edited by Notso

You don't actually need to press spacebar while still holding down shift. The mechanics of the game allow for a slight gap between releasing shift and pressing spacebar.

Your speed should be kept through that intervall and the mechanics of the game recognize it. If your speed when reaching the wall at the right angle is high enough it translates into a wallrun when holding the spacebar down.

So:

Hold shift+W to sprint, release shift, press and hold spacebar.

Timescale (_ = pressed, - = released) :

W____________________________________________

Shift________________------------------------------------------

---------------------------------Spacebar__________________

Okay well it seems to be a problem with my keyboard or computer not Warframe. The problem still persists after the reinstall. Damn. And yeah, I was using the way of doing it where you release sprint, but it's a pain to pull off consistently