Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Warframe Concept] Torvus - The Failure Infested Warframe Experiment

Taletreader

Some years ago, while trying to develop a new warframe based on Rhino, Ash and Nyx, mixing brute power, mobility and psychic abilities, the Tenno scientists didn't notice that the Technocyte Virus had invaded the spaceship, and in hurry, they left the warframe almost done at the "hands" of the infested, years passed and a group of four Tenno was sent to that ship to clean the infestation by destroying it's core... 

The infested wasn't attacking them, as if they were being controlled by something or someone, while reaching the core, Excalibur, Vauban, Mag and Ember saw a room full of shining vines and a body connected to it, like it was draining the ships energy produced by the core, Excalibur broke the glass and entered the room to investigate, the body was like a mix of Rhino and Vauban's torso while being slightly decomposed and a bit green-brownish color, the limbs and head resembled Saryn and Nekros with a dark cross in the middle of the face. Excalibur went back to the group and told everything, they tought it was a dead new kind of infested and continued the mission.

Some minutes after the core being retrieved, the group went back to the corridor, and the body wasn't there anymore, after searching the room again (Excalibur is really curious, isn't he?), they looked at the each other, but nothing more, almost reaching the extraction, the lights began to flicker and everyone tought it was Stalker, with the weapons ready, suddently that body was in front of them, the cross was shining a deep purple-green color, it shot four darts in the direction of the group, Excalibur and Ember were hit and felt the poison inside they body and almost felt on the floor, Mag saw the "creature" was about to shoot more darts and made a bullet atractor around the body, after shooting itself, it made an armor around himself and then, extented the arm in Mag's direction, like an Disruptor, feeling your friends was weak, Vauban tried to shoot tesla granades at it, but looked like it had too little effect, in despair, he used Bastille to make it float. Excalibur recovered a bit of energy, and with Vauban's help, both carried Mag and Ember to the extraction... they never knew what was that... (I know... I know... this story sucks, but it's just for everyone knows a bit more of Torvus)

Torvus

Health                 150.0 (450.0 at Rank 30)

Power                 100.0 (150.0 at Rank 30)

Armor                  40.0

Shield Capacity  150.0 (450.0 at Rank 30)

Sprint Speed      1.1

- Explosive Poison     Energy: 25

Shoots darts at enemies.

* Cost to equip of 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

* Launches 2 / 2 / 3 / 4 darts

* Darts deal 50 / 100 / 150 / 250 Poison damage each. This is increased by Power Strength (Focus)

* If the enemy is killed by the darts, it will explode and deal 50 damage to nearby enemies within 7 in-game meters at all levels.

* Darts will seek targets

* Headshots for double damage, ignores armor.

* Staggers most bosses and Grineer.

* Can be used while jumping, sliding, clinging to a wall or executing a front flip.

* Delay of about half a second between uses.

- Elemental immunity     Energy: 50

Torvus cover himself in a special armor that reduces incoming elemental damage.

* Cost to equip of 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 which is then halved by the polarity slot, rounded up.

* Armor has a duration of 5 / 10 / 15 / 20 seconds. Increased by Power Duration (Continuity and Constitution. It also has a cast delay of about 1.2 seconds

* Absorbs 10% / 25% / 50% / 75% of Eletricity, Fire, Freeze, Laser and Poison damage rounded up. This is increased by Power Strength (Focus)

- Drain     Energy: 75

Torvus attacks a target, draining it health and shield.

* Cost to equip of 6 / 7 / 8 / 9 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

* Drains 10% / 15% / 25% / 50% of target actual health and shield and transforms it in shield and health (if target has 50 health and 50 shield, 25 health and 25 shield will be absorved and will be left with 25 health and 25 shield. If target has 1200 health, 600 health will be absorved and will be left with 600 health). This is NOT affected by Power Strength.

* Range of 10 in-game meters at all levels, affected by Power Range (Stretch).

* Has an attack animation of ~1 second and an after cast cooldown of ~1 second.

* Can NOT be used twice in the same target.

* Does NOT work on bosses.

* Staggers target when attack lands.

* Can be used while in mid-air.

- Explosion     Energy: 100

Deal damage based on health

* Cost to equip of 10 / 11 / 12 / 13 which is then halved by the Polarity slot, rounded up.

* Deals health multiplied by 1 / 1.5 / 2 / 3 damage. This is affected by enemy armor and is affected Power Strength(Focus)

* Range of 10 / 13 / 16 / 20 in-game meters. This is increased by Power Ranger(Stretch)

*This ability can NOT hit enemies through walls, doors and above/below your warframe.

* NOTE : Be careful if you use this ability, as it leaves you with 1 health.

~~x~~

Please, feel free to change the abilities names, the Warframe name, the abilities... 

The first ability look like it's Psychic Bolts + Shuriken

The second is like Iron Skin

The third one is almost identical a disruptor attack

And the last one, is the runner explosion...

Yeah, yeah, I know it sucks, but help me to make it better.

Edited by xFrancis

First: Cool idea! +1

Here are my oppinions and suggestions about his abilitys:

1. Really like this one and have nothing to add.

2.Remove the elemental resistance of this ability and give it a resistance against all types of damage. Maybe call the abbility Reflexes Movement.

3.Nice idea, now we can show the Disruptors how it feels to be disrupted >)

4.The lost of life and an ulti that don´t go through wall, is just a sucide button on high level.

My suggestion for this ability is:

Mutation

Long, sharp pieces of bone grow out of Torvus body an he beginns to rotate about himself very fast. Every enemy that gets in range of this storm take massive damge and fly away (like Banshees Sonic Boom).

P.S: What about letting Torvus be an NPC and add him as a infested version of the Stalker to the game?  

Most Warframes have an element or theme to their abilities: Ember is fire, Banshee is sound, Saryn is poison, etc. Torvus' abilities [lol Metroid] have no flow to them. Explosion is unique, but Psychic Bolts/Shield Disruption/Iron Skin are already claimed by frames of differing elements, so it's hard to see how they'd fit together on one frame. Sure, Vauban's Teslas are electrical, but he uses them as traps, which fit his theme of, well, setting traps.

Based on your story, it sounds like you're trying to make a frame that mimics enemy Infested abilities. The problem with this is that outside of the Ancients, Infested don't have much variation in their attacks other than "charge and claw". Lephantis sprays poison everywhere, but you don't want this new frame to be a clone of Saryn. Perhaps change the Poison Darts to an arm-stretching punch with knockdown, like the Ancients? Changing the Elemental Immunity to a temporary close-ranged poison cloud, like the Noxious Crawler's, would make it much clearer that it's an Infested frame as well.

From a lore perspective, this doesn't sound like a mass-produced frame, more like a single Stalker-like individual or accident. Why would the Lotus recruit a Tenno that attacks other Tenno? Based on the Ether Sword's description, infested Tenno and frames are supposed to be executed. How would they work together?

Most Warframes have an element or theme to their abilities: Ember is fire, Banshee is sound, Saryn is poison, etc. Torvus' abilities [lol Metroid] have no flow to them. Explosion is unique, but Psychic Bolts/Shield Disruption/Iron Skin are already claimed by frames of differing elements, so it's hard to see how they'd fit together on one frame. Sure, Vauban's Teslas are electrical, but he uses them as traps, which fit his theme of, well, setting traps.

Based on your story, it sounds like you're trying to make a frame that mimics enemy Infested abilities. The problem with this is that outside of the Ancients, Infested don't have much variation in their attacks other than "charge and claw". Lephantis sprays poison everywhere, but you don't want this new frame to be a clone of Saryn. Perhaps change the Poison Darts to an arm-stretching punch with knockdown, like the Ancients? Changing the Elemental Immunity to a temporary close-ranged poison cloud, like the Noxious Crawler's, would make it much clearer that it's an Infested frame as well.

From a lore perspective, this doesn't sound like a mass-produced frame, more like a single Stalker-like individual or accident. Why would the Lotus recruit a Tenno that attacks other Tenno? Based on the Ether Sword's description, infested Tenno and frames are supposed to be executed. How would they work together?

Well, the "drain" hability works similitar to the arm-stretching ancient disruptor attack... I wanted something like Ash's Shuriken or Nyx's Pyschic Bolts for his first ability, the poison is just a thing I wanted to add because... well... infested theme.

The elemental immunity is kinda... meh, I know, but changing it to a poison cloud would be a male Saryn.

About the "lore perspective", the story continues a bit, I just don't know how to make it, would be something "they went back, captured it, studied it, made it better, produced it".

About him attacking other Tenno... you are an human being, right? If a group of four humans invade your house while you sleep, and start destroying it... let's say you are "powerful" enough to deal with them, and you wake up... what would you do?

Edited by xFrancis

Hawkwasp does have a point. Your frame does not have a theme. My suggestion: Explosive bio-mass which is instable and can be control detonated.

It whould fit your Infested intention and would be completly new idea.

Abilities:

Well, they seem nice, but do not fit into one theme.

I would suggestion you do something like:

1) Will plant a biological mine which will explode on contact, do damage and knock enemies down.

2) Torvus will cover itself in explosive bio-mass. They will absorb a limited amount of damage and then explode.

3) I have absolutly no idea.

4) let it keep 50% of health.

Hope that this helps. It is your concept, so you should decide how you want it to be.

A second Stalker? What for? How? You discribe the situation as a break-in. Why should I hunt every one down of a faction, just because 4 of 2 million broke into my house?

What would I do in case of a break-in ?

Call the police and wait. Even if I am superior than them, I would not want to explain the bodies to the police and have an awfull lot of stress.

I apologize for my bad english and any typos I made.