Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gettin' That Jungle In There.

ChuckHucket

I'm pretty sure many people have thought of this and even some would have already made this topic but I wanted to revive the subject. << *Hint Hint*

The one thing that has recently been added in moderation (In the Orokin Derelicts) is Jungle/Vegetation/Flora whatever you want to call it and I'm loving it. I really can't stress enough on how much this game needs more jungle environments, without trying to project my opinion on the others reading this I like the idea of the first mission of Halo 3. Another game is Two Worlds II, although that whole game looks great to me, but this is my opinion. Please don't give me flak on this topic just because you don't like the game franchises I have mentioned, was just simply making a comparison and a suggestion.

Halo 3 reference (Sorry about the watermark):

level1-behindbrute.jpg

Two Worlds II reference:

9472788.jpg

I'd like your unbiased opinions on the matter and I really feel that it would bring out a much different aesthetic experience, please suggest some more if you'd like.

also it's 4:00am so if you read anything that doesn't make sense it would be because I'm not exactly literate at the moment.

Mhm, I think the concepts we saw during the Concept Art Livestream far look really great, and I think the devs will be able to surprise us with an awesome looking, possibly alien jungle tileset. :)

The suggestions you brought look maybe a bit too colorful and... peaceful.

This is sort of a dystopian future, remember? :D

Mhm, I think the concepts we saw during the Concept Art Livestream far look really great, and I think the devs will be able to surprise us with an awesome looking, possibly alien jungle tileset. :)

The suggestions you brought look maybe a bit too colorful and... peaceful.

This is sort of a dystopian future, remember? :D

Where is the link to these jungle concepts?

Ah yes well my reference pictures weren't supposed to be extremely accurate to my point. I also was mainly talking about Halo 3 with the moss and fungus, the kind of thing that is going on in the Derelicts. Imagine that, but a planet. Like earth but completely overtaken by the infestation, the thought almost paralyses me with fear by over-analyzing that concept. Honestly it wouldn't hinder the dystopian future feel, imagine finding a planet you thought was safe, luscious and practically glowing with life that turned out from a closer perspective to be completely corrupt by an omnipresent life form.

I may be getting too deep into this but I have a passion for the horrifying truth. Because you know these events about the infested may be occurring in some similar way at this point elsewhere in space. That really gives my brain a punch to the truth.