Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

QoL Change for Excavation Missions

(XBOX)NikeSkater26

Due to the recent re-release of primed chamber, I found myself utilizing excavation fissures among other endless missions. Throughout this grinding session, it dawned on me that a good fix to the age old unintentional (more or less) dropping of extra excavators could be solved simply by having an interactable object based beacon to drop the excavtor, rather than a proximity based one (especially since the proximity detection circle is always bigger than it appears, spawns on someone or blocks a pathway). So I figure, why not throw the idea at DE and the community, and see what the consensus is? I personally would love to see these agrivations alleviated, who's with me?

TL:DR: Excavators should be dropped via interaction with an object, not by walking into a circle.

Edited by (XB1)NikeSkater26

On 2020-02-22 at 8:35 PM, DeltaPangaea said:

I mean to be honest, I don't think DE even cares about excavation, given that the excavators themselves still literally don't scale in the slightest from level 1 to kingdom come.

500 shield, 2500 hp literally everywhere, regardless of how high enemy damage scales.

A very fair point, and I almost added the point of scaling to the initial post, however, in light of the rest of the forums saying it in force, I decided not to beat the exceedingly dead horse. Though it's quite possible Excavation may not be something they care to change, or alternatively, it could be in a boat akin to Archwing. It's functional, but not necessarily a well rounded game mode, or perhaps that's an intended part of the challenge that we are meant to overcome, I certainly can't say for sure. I would surmise that they have have to put out the fires Emperyon set ablaze, and get the game back to a more stable state, before assessing other parts of the game and rebalancing it all. and thus QoL comes second to function, which in all honesty is fair, I just suggested a solution to a problem I noticed.

Update: Excavator health Scaling is in the works!

Edited by (XB1)NikeSkater26
Update