The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Mod: +1 # Of Enemies Hit

ROSING

So, single swords only hit one person. Most other weapons hit 3 at most, and galatine can hit 5.

What would you think of a mod that increased the number of people hit by each swing? In a way it would be the multishot of melee, and if used in conjunction with reach I'd imagine you could turn a cronus into a CC weapon. Would that be too OP as a mod or do you think it's a good idea?

Edited by ROSING

The argument against such a mod would be its effects on weapons like Galatine that already hit allot of targets, however far you boosted the single target melees, you would also end up with people using it on the weapons that are already considered to be the best, leaving any gap and all gaps in power untouched unless they specifically limited which weapons could use that one mod, but personally I dont think it would be worth it.

The argument against such a mod would be its effects on weapons like Galatine that already hit allot of targets, however far you boosted the single target melees, you would also end up with people using it on the weapons that are already considered to be the best, leaving any gap and all gaps in power untouched unless they specifically limited which weapons could use that one mod, but personally I dont think it would be worth it.

True, but usually there aren't many opportunities to cleave 8 people at once as there are with getting say 4, so I believe that it actually wouldn't be as useful on a galantine as it would on say a Skana, where there are plenty of opportunities to hit three or so people, because it becomes increasingly situational once you get to hitting 5 people or more.

Edited by ROSING

I'm not saying this is going to solve anything, I'm just proposing this as another mechanic. It certainly couldn't hurt, and just because I think they should release this doesn't mean I think they should not buff single swords, because I know that is an issue.

After crafting the Dakra for the hell of it I started to realize this more frequently as I've been using two handed weapons frequently. While yes the Dakra is a fine weapon, long swords in general need to have this kind of thing to even keep pace with other weapons, not just the Galatine. While yes, the Galatine would benefit greatly from increased number of enemies being hit at a time, so will other melee weapons.

Of course sans Kestrel/Glaive/Daggers. Dual daggers....eh..

Regardless, increasing the number of enemies hit per swing with long swords would definitely make them shine a bit more - albeit about like a underpowered lightbulb, but shine more nevertheless.