The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Parkour Missions

Andaer

Yea.. i know this isnt mirror edge but.. there is a "parkour" system right now with the Wall running, Wall climbing, the jumping and all the stuff then i was thinking ¿why not? maps that need parkour "climbing and jumping" like a circuit and even to "fight" while doing the parkour like when you use the sword while wall running and the tenno jump forward in a "dash" with sword, and finally after the circuit is complete you can reach some item or chamber where you can kill the X thing you need to.. this can sound crazy at the begining but well just look at some youtube videos with amazing guys or devs doing wall running for reaching places that you cant by other way.

so what do you think about it?

( Ps: sorry if my english is bad ._. isnt my main language )

I'd actually love those. Have been a big fan of MIrror's Edge and everything Parkour or Free Running based.

Shouldn't be a big problem to normalize sprint speed in those missions and might be a great opportunity for newer players to get a glimpse of the intricacies the movement system holds.

Not sure if I'd want enemies in those maps, though. Maybe design them as "go-fetch-return" style missions with a return timer starting after pickup of the mission item.

yea maybe like "all is gonna blow up so.. go and get this then come back" but well.. maybe the "frost thing" can be a issue but.. they can repair it maybe with sprint boosts for that missions and well isnt like a "console" game is more like the old prince of persia games ( the sands trilogy )

I think they'll be improving the fluidity of the animations, making this sort of thing much more likely. I don't think they'll be adding in any seperate parkour maps though. It's already a part of the innate game mechanic.

True. However, I have found it hard to "wall run" in most maps, since there aren't many continuously flat surfaces. I've done it for split seconds, but never in a truly satisfying manner.

This best to wait until the transition is more smoother.

Great idea but not for now.

One the other hand, it brings us back to those volts and those 60% sprint speed people dealing with 0% sprint speed warframes.

It might turn out to one heck of a rant.

Fastdude: *) HURRY UP NOOB!

Slowdude: SLOW DOWN GOSH!

Fastdude: OMFG I'm leaving

Slowdude: Wait! help me here!

Fastdude disconnected.

Regards,

M4sterofp4in

It sounds like an awesome idea, but the frame mobility just isn't up to the task at the moment. It's not easy or intuitive enough to do even in small moments, let alone making an entire level devoted to it. As it is, I have been in several maps that require you to wall-run up that scratched wall into a vent in order to continue. There have been several occasions that people simply A) Don't know how to do it, or B) are completely unable to do it and drop group after ten minutes of frustration.

If anything, there needs to be less forcing people into the freerunning, and more reward/incentive for doing it instead.

Please note that those are two very different things.

It would be great if there was a "jungle gym" or play ground mode to just practice all the wall running (and using powers, hacking terminals, shooting guns at stationary targets) and maybe make it a tutorial. Lotus can direct people if they ask for it. maybe there wll be a tutorial in update 7?

I would also love to see alternate routs, but seeing as the maps are randomly generated, that might be a lot of work. Part of the game is that your a ninja, and able to get to places that normal people cannot.

woudl also be nice if there were challenges for wall running and other tricks. "trick kill: get a kill directly after wall running or while zip lining."

maybe combine it with style kills....

what ever happens, i hope there is more reward for doing tricks!

i'd definitely welcome more rooms that allow wallclimbing etc to get to remote places. i love those kinda hidden rooms in the grineer-bases where you have to parcour to reach them, and then be rewarded with quite some lootable containers (which ofcourse we all know have one mission: to drop alloyplates and rubedo etc)

Makes exploration so much more satisfying, and i think exploration is definitely not bad for this game.

Well right now the transition between moves are kinda lagy or not so smoth but in a future will be nice to see this kind of things, there are very nice ideas about it, and yea right now the parkour is in the game but.. as you say 60% of the times ppl dont know what to do or try it and then fail, and well i think is cause in tutorial isnt explained that in game there are parkour moves, like wall climbing and wall running. btw the other thing is the speed of warframes, will be a problem in a parkour circuit but.. maybe with "speed" buffs that can be solved.

• 1 month later...

I'd like an "Escape" mission game type, it would start as any other mission type and then Lotus would tell you it was a tra and the ship is set to blow, or it could trigger halfway through a mission that after you get the data in the console, after one of those mobile defences, you program the ship to crash into a nearby planetoid (especially in infected missions, once you get your info, shouldn't you purge the infection?) So you'd run through procedurally generated maps of broken down/exploding obstacle courses, enemies are minimal to non existent, the game'd operate on a timer or a possible wall of flaming death that lags bein the players like an old SNES game

So in-short. A Modern Prince of Persia? I like that. But heck. The Wall Running animations look so.... idk, funny. Its like a chicken is pecking their butts and stuff. But the Horizontal Wall Running Animation is good, the steps just don't look so synched with how fast you are moving.

PLUS

The zip-lines are so freaking slow. Might as well just Jump and Air Slide.

Or make it Assassin's Creed III with automatic guns and stuff

I would love it if some missions tasked you with planting some sort of bomb, then wouldforce you to run through the level and get away from a slowly expanding shockwave!! that would be a good gameplay use for the ninja moves.