Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braton, Braton Vandal And Braton Prime Rebalancing

RX-74

Braton: reduce the reload time to 2.2 seconds.

Braton Vandal: increase the rate of fire to 12.5 rounds per second and reduce the reload time to 2.2 seconds.

Braton Prime: increase the rate of fire to 12.5 rounds per second, increase the accuracy to 33.3, reduce the reload time to 2.3 seconds and increase the crit chance to 10%.

I was thinking more like this:

Braton: 5%

Braton Vandal: 7.5%

Braton Prime: 10%

More like :

Braton : 5%

Braton Vandal : 10%

Braton Prime : 7.5 % or 5%

Braton Prime already on the lead with the base damage, so the only thing to make Vandal different from normal Braton should be the Crit chance.

RoF? Hmm... I think the current one is already okay...

Braton Vandal should be better than a Braton Prime like it is with all Exclusive weapons compared to Prime versions.

Braton Prime should be weaker than Braton Vandal and better than Braton.

Braton Vandal has a trait that all Vandal weapons share, stating that a Vandal has higher damage and accuracy but lower fire rate.

Buff the Braton Vandal accordingly, base damage and DPS to outline it's superiority.

Adjust the other weapons to the Braton Vandal.

Everything else is neither in the interest of lore nor fairness nor balance.

Changing crit rates will come by itself when Armor 2.0 hits so is no valid option for tweaks right now.

I always wanted the Braton Vandal to be more viable at far-medium range than the other Bratons, and I felt this was reflected in its original stats. Higher base damage, lower rate of fire, higher accuracy. 
However, the accuracy change is minimal at best, and the base damage now is the same as the Braton. Add to that the fact that the rate of fire is still lower, it is very easily the worst of the Bratons. 

A doubled crit chance does not make up for this. Whatever DPS projections might say, however people may try to justify the Braton Vandal being atrociously weak ('Because it has a higher crit chance, duh!'), it does not change the fact that right now, it sucks. There is no reason to use it over the Braton, other than for the sound effects.
Because, let's face it, building crit in the Vandal is pointless. And its poor damage and poor rate of fire make it a bad weapon. 

Honestly, I don't even know why it was nerfed. Was it OP? Most definitely not. Then why nerf?

Edited by CheeseHasLeafs

Braton Vandal should be better than a Braton Prime like it is with all Exclusive weapons compared to Prime versions.

Braton Prime should be weaker than Braton Vandal and better than Braton.

Braton Vandal has a trait that all Vandal weapons share, stating that a Vandal has higher damage and accuracy but lower fire rate.

Buff the Braton Vandal accordingly, base damage and DPS to outline it's superiority.

Adjust the other weapons to the Braton Vandal.

Everything else is neither in the interest of lore nor fairness nor balance.

Changing crit rates will come by itself when Armor 2.0 hits so is no valid option for tweaks right now.

Whaaaaat? You think exclusives being outright better is fair and balanced?!

Exclusives should be purely cosmetic (best) or sidegrades (acceptable) because to maintain an ethical F2P model all gameplay content must be accessible to all players. DE is already skating on thin ice without any more Strun Wraiths.

I always wanted the Braton Vandal to be more viable at far-medium range than the other Bratons, and I felt this was reflected in its original stats. Higher base damage, lower rate of fire, higher accuracy. 

However, the accuracy change is minimal at best, and the base damage now is the same as the Braton. Add to that the fact that the rate of fire is still lower, it is very easily the worst of the Bratons. 

A doubled crit chance does not make up for this. Whatever DPS projections might say, however people may try to justify the Braton Vandal being atrociously weak ('Because it has a higher crit chance, duh!'), it does not change the fact that right now, it sucks. There is no reason to use it over the Braton, other than for the sound effects.

Because, let's face it, building crit in the Vandal is pointless. And its poor damage and poor rate of fire make it a bad weapon. 

Honestly, I don't even know why it was nerfed. Was it OP? Most definitely not. Then why nerf?

Back then, a sidegrading arsenal was all the rage. There also wasn't a Braton Prime then. Naturally, that got a lot of people upset, as those that missed the Open Beta weekend missed their chance at getting the best assault rifle. It also didn't fit with the whole sidegrade policy. DE nerfed poor Brandal, then buffed the Braton while forgetting to buff the Brandal along with it. Now that DE has already said that they wanted a weapon-tiering system, there really isn't any reason not to make the Brandal a viable primary option. Edited by jaywalker
Removed OT rhetoric

The Braton Vandal should never be better than the Braton Prime, but it deserves to be better than the Braton. The most powerful that the Braton Vandal should be is equal to the Braton Prime, that way hard work can net you something as good as an exclusive.

i never said that Vandals should not be better than Primes.. quite the opposite but i agree that having a Vandal on par with a Prime (like the Lato Vandal and Lato Prime at the moment) is reasonable and i'm fine with that. As long as the Vandal stays true to it's trait (improved damage and accuracy, lower fire rate) when buffing it to Prime level.

In the end DPS should be Vandal = Prime > normal Braton > Mk1 Braton where the Prime gets the same DPS through higher fire rate and bigger magazine vs. more damage and better accuracy of the Vandal. Both weapons have to be tweaked in that direction and as i said.. i bet crit values get tweaked anyways in armor 2.0 but the current base damage and dps of the Vandal compared to other Bratons is a shame (and imho an insult to all the closed beta testers that are proud of their Braton Vandal) and still only the result of whining than balancing.

Edited by jaywalker
Removed OT rhetoric

i never said that Vandals should not be better than Primes.. quite the opposite but i agree that having a Vandal on par with a Prime (like the Lato Vandal and Lato Prime at the moment) is reasonable and i'm fine with that. As long as the Vandal stays true to it's trait (improved damage and accuracy, lower fire rate) when buffing it to Prime level.

In the end DPS should be Vandal = Prime > normal Braton > Mk1 Braton where the Prime gets the same DPS through higher fire rate and bigger magazine vs. more damage and better accuracy of the Vandal. Both weapons have to be tweaked in that direction and as i said.. i bet crit values get tweaked anyways in armor 2.0 but the current base damage and dps of the Vandal compared to other Bratons is a shame (and imho an insult to all the closed beta testers that are proud of their Braton Vandal) and still only the result of whining than balancing.

I think that everyone would get butthurt when a loved item gets nerfed but me I'm a new player that never had the chance to get the Braton Vandal so why would I be butthurt over it's nerfing when I didn't even play the game back then?

And you know nothing about how Armor 2.0 is going to be... you can only speculate.

I think that everyone would get butthurt when a loved item gets nerfed but me I'm a new player that never had the chance to get the Braton Vandal so why would I be butthurt over it's nerfing when I didn't even play the game back then?

And you know nothing about how Armor 2.0 is going to be... you can only speculate.

Then why do you come in here and spread false facts about the Braton Vandal and comment about how you would like the Braton Vandal be available to everyone again every 2 sentences? The most hurt any Braton Vandal owning butt got from it being nerfed is the "why" and not the nerf itself.

You're right, noone knows how Armor 2.0 will be but all the newly released weapons AFTER armor 2.0 was announced are crit heavy and in the livestream they talked about the mod reworks and that they will change to procc (chance to trigger something cool when X happens) and it is still unsure if the procc will be based on crits or procc chances on the mod itself.

...to be honest... buffing the Braton Vandal as a Topic was brought up countless of times in different Threads by now and so far the only official statement of DE employees we got at one point was that the issue was heard and was looked at. That was months ago and the issue itself is there for far longer and still nothing happened.

So i guess you can close this thread right away because i highly and sadly doubt that either the Braton Vandal nor the Braton Prime will get any tweaks, not to mention a long overdue buff.