Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Another (Odd Job) Way To Get Platinum.

XxVeraxX

Well technically it is not another way. Maybe. Anyways, I tried RebelPrize and picked the 10$ Ultimate Game Card ( 900 Points ) and got it after a few days. The catch is you have to do surveys which may or may not ask for information. ( Like Phone, Address etc. ) While others ask you to download and install, usually, crapware. ( Some do Browser Hijacks, force plugin installs, or try to anyways, etc. ) You are not forced to do any of those however.

There are also videos, but they give minimal 'points'.

Link: PrizeRebel

Bonus Link: PrizeRebel Halloween - Pick 1 of 9 tombstones to get either nothing, or a prize. ( Most I got was 16 points, there may be higher. ) ( No longer available. )

Other Notes: Random times ( seems every 100~150 points ) you can pick a number between 1~9 for the same type of game.

The prize I picked: Clicky

Note: I am unsure if you are allowed to use a VM ( Virtual Machine ) to do these so you don't mess up your primary OS. I used a secondary PC I could care less for and just wipe it clean.

Another Note: Not all the offers 'work' correctly. You can contact the 'provider' ( Theres a few of them depending on which offer(s) you picked. )

They also offer Steam Wallet Cash, Actual Cash, DOTA ( I think thats what is it. ), Amazon Gift Cards, eBay eGift Card, and a bunch of others. ( Including games like GTA5, GTA4, Spores, XBox One Console (50k Points however for that.) and accessories like PS3 Controllers, HDMI Cables and more. ) You can view them under 'claim prizes' to select a 'goal' prize.

Prize Link

Enjoy.

Some "Virtual Machines" for users who wish to use them.

Virtual Box (Free) ( Requires the Install CD of the OS. ) : My personal favorite. Creates a FULL virtual machine. More info on their page.

Sandboxie (Free): Alternative, I have not personally used it but a few people I know use it. While not fully a VM, it can help with other types of program installs. ( More info on their page. )

Deep Freeze (Requires Purchase): Works like the above except can be used on your primary OS. More info on their site.

I do not take and responsibility for ANY damages including but not limited to: explosives, loss of breath, change of undies, etc. You do this at YOUR OWN RISK. ( Though most are minor... maybe except explosives... ::grin:: )

Edit: If you have any questions, I will try to answer them when I can.

Edit 2: Fixed Sandboxie link, hopefully. Added Halloween Event link and some additional info.

Edited by XxVeraxX

keep your viruses away from me this seems sketchy

Prove me wrong then. I used VirtualBox ( Portable Edition ) to do it in. ( Initial tests anyways. As I was skeptical as well. ) PrizeRebel also states that some of the downloads may ( Usually. ) contain adware. Toolbars and such. ( I mentioned that as well. )

As far as virus', I haven't seen any. Worst I got on a VM was a Browser Hijack ( Not too hard to remove / revert if you removed it before. )

Most let you 'opt out' of the toolbars etc, but some do not. It was the reason I mentioned and linked VirtualBox and Sandboxie. They allow you to host a Guest OS, that cannot interact with your primary OS. Anything that happens within the 'box' stays. Saving a Snapshot ( Virtualbox in this case. ) of a clean install with Chrome, Firefox, anything else you use, allows you to close to VM, and revert all changes back to this snapshot. Rendering it as if nothing happened.

Edit: Virtualbox require the CD or ISO file install disc of a chosen OS. ( Linux, WinXP, WinVista etc. )

Edited by XxVeraxX

When I was using it, Sandboxie didn't need the CD/ISO, it just made the magic happen.

@ yatin, and anyone else with doubts about these types of services:

Of course there are viruses/malware on sites like this(more accurately, on the surveys etc. you get redirected to from them), "free money" is a prime distribution point for adware, just be smart enough to protect yourself.

If you're not willing to take the risk(non-existent when using proper protection), you obviously don't want the "free money" very badly.

Is this advertising permitted by forum rules?

Really not advertising it in any way. Just more generally showing users alternative ways of getting platinum if they are willing to take the time. Some users don't have the money or don't want to spend any money. Although it offers other items like Amazon stuff etc, it is entirely up to the user.

As LoQui mentioned, I already posted what it could do and ways to protect yourself if you are willing to take the risk. If you don't want to get these 'free money', you don't have to try it at all.

It is not the best way, it was just something I wanted to share.