The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

PS4 Controller not working on PC

Vandal5555

I'm using a brand new Dualshock 4 controller (plugged in), I tested it on a few games and it worked perfectly fine, but when I got to warframe the controller didn't work at all, I can't move, I can't select stuff in the menu, I can't do anything with it. In the options I saw that the game supported ps4 controllers but mine just didn't work for some reason, I don't see what problem could be with the controller since I just got it today, and I enjoy it very much, an interesting change from keyboard and mouse which I've been using everyime and I want to use it on warframe so much.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ClaudiuR18 said:

I'm using a brand new Dualshock 4 controller (plugged in), I tested it on a few games and it worked perfectly fine, but when I got to warframe the controller didn't work at all, I can't move, I can't select stuff in the menu, I can't do anything with it. In the options I saw that the game supported ps4 controllers but mine just didn't work for some reason, I don't see what problem could be with the controller since I just got it today, and I enjoy it very much, an interesting change from keyboard and mouse which I've been using everyime and I want to use it on warframe so much.

I have been using a ps4 controller as well, after the update the controller didn't respond to any inputs except for the touch-pad enabling to move the cursor around inside the ship. Spawned into a mission and tried using the controller, still unresponsive except for the touch-pad. Just to be sure tried using 2 more ps4 controllers i have & the problem continued to persist.

Thank you for your time & consideration.

Le 06/03/2020 à 16:33, Kalu_Islander a dit :

I have been using a ps4 controller as well, after the update the controller didn't respond to any inputs except for the touch-pad enabling to move the cursor around inside the ship. Spawned into a mission and tried using the controller, still unresponsive except for the touch-pad. Just to be sure tried using 2 more ps4 controllers i have & the problem continued to persist.

Thank you for your time & consideration.

have any of you, found a solution? im using a nintendo switch pro controller, and using REwasd to emulate a xbox 360 gamepad, no problem at any other game but warframe. The game only recognize the sticks at menus, but any other buttom is not working.

english is not my first language so i apollogize.

Edited by Animalon29

Are you playing on steam?

If so, steam randomly swaps controller configs on you resulting in the game being unplayable.

If you are on steam open up the overlay with shift+tab

then look for the super obscure "controller configs" option and switch that from whatever it randomly chose. i find that if you go under "templates" and choose the default "gamepad" setting the game will start working again

This is actually a widespread issue that has been plaguing the game for a while and it's more so steams controller mapper thing's fault but yeah. Hopefully that fixes it for you.

Dm me if you have any other controller related issues. i've spent a lot of time with xinputer and other controllers and trying to diagnose issues with them especially in warframes case

Edited by Satinpuppies
  • Like 2