Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Chart Difficulty Mode (Attempt in fixing Reward Scaling)

KagaNerdy

For me, i think this is the only way to fix Reward scaling. (Arbitration is just meh)
Introducing a new difficulty after completing the entire star chart should become a thing in order to keep players invested in playing (which in case, Hard Mode)
In Hard Mode
-Must complete every node in normal mode
-MR 16 is required in order to access it 
-Hours of playing should be above 500+ (Some may disagree, but again it's hard mode)
>above these lists, you can't taxi a newbie player when they didn't met those requirements
-Your arsenal must be Level 30 (Can't bring a level 29 below weapons, frames, or companions. NO EXCEPTIONS)
-The Star Chart looks gloomy and bit darker (Optional)
-Rare resources like Orokin Cells have a higher drop chance
-Rewards like Endos, Credit Cache, and Relics should be more valuable (e.g 1300 Endo, 50k Credit Cache, and Radiant Vaulted/Unvaulted Relic) (Mods like Hornet Strike shouldn't be on the droptable since in the first place, we already have it)
-Earth should begin with Level 60 and each node increases the level by 2 as you progress to other planets
-Open World Bounties are affected with the scaling reward
-Fissures would be the same as in normal star chart, but having higher level that is
-Rare mods like Condition Overload should have a slightly higher drop chance
-Assassination nodes shouldn't give any Frame parts at the end of the mission, but something more valuable (Like a guaranteed 2x Radiant Relic, or 2% drop chance of Orokin Catalysts and Reactor Blueprints, tho peeps would abuse the Sergeant if they're desperate for it)

I could list more, but im running out of ideas
Note: This is just an idea in fixing reward scaling.

• Like 1

I'd like to see some more difficulty implement too, not bad ideas. I wouldn't separate fissures though because some of those newer players rely on vets to bring out that vaulted relic from time to time, separating the player base here might not be a good idea.  And the mod drops....sigh, pre-nerf I would have said no.  I'd probably still say no just so you don't end up creating a separate farming market, mod drop booster is there for it.  

I'd like a Hardcore mode. 

Much like how you stated above except starting at a lower level for reasons about to be described, it would be a separate matchmaking list with nodes increasing in difficult quickly.  So, build a new frame, upon creation of a frame you can dedicate it to Hardcore (if you played Diablo 3, you know where this is going).  If the frame dies, it's gone and so are the weapons with it.  Weapons available are ones that you have mastered and require no build time, same for Sentinels.  Modulars are what you have built in the past.  MR does not increase base mod capacity. Catalysts/Reactors now act like Forma (max rank and resets rank).  Arcane/Exodia slots must be unlocked which also resets rank.  Potatoes/Forma are free, they are not a consumable and when at rank 30 you can choose to simply polarize, add potato, unlock exilus/arcane.  You start off with a set of unranked mods, your basic essentials really.  Through missions you gain Experience that can be used to unlock additional mods/arcanes/exodia...you have collected in Softcore; mods acquire experience when equipped and rank up from that experience.  You can not be taxi'd in this mode, you can only be carried to nodes you have already cleared.  Spoiler mode...not sure how to work that in yet.  Ya, there would be trolls and deaths to bad connections, but too bad, that's the risk you take going pub.  The mode wouldn't be able to drop anything different so there would be no need to do it, just an option for those looking for something different.  

Edited by (XB1)Calliber
further explanation