The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Recurring Stutter/Lag/Hardware Failure Due to Graphics Drivers

Draymarc

I've had this issue before upon first purchasing my new laptop, an HP Pavilion 15. Not meant for gaming, yes, but it can run the intensive WF content such as Vallis and Empyrean decently smooth on lower settings. The first few days, WF ran smoothly, but after that, I'd get stuttering, lag, and ultimately a CTD to the "Hardware Failure" page anywhere from the login screen to 5 minutes in game.

The fix for this was to completely uninstall and reinstall my graphics drivers. This fix let me play Empyrean with no issues, and lasted for a few months.

Fast forward to now, and I'm logging back in after a brief hiatus to prep for Scarlet Spear. I encounter the exact same issue. The fix is the same, I reinstalled my drivers, however now, instead of lasting for months, the fix only lasts for 1-2 days before I have to repeat the process. This only takes 5-10 minutes but, as you might expect, it's incredibly annoying. 

Does anyone have insight as to what this issue could be? I'm not tech savvy, so I'm just assuming my drivers are more prone to corruption now that this laptop is a little bit older, but even then I'm not sure. This issue exclusively affects Warframe's performance and nothing else.

TLDR: I had an issue with graphics drivers and Warframe early in this laptops life, and fixed by reinstalling my faulty drivers. The fix lasted for the last few months, but now the issue has returned, and I have to reinstall my drivers every 1-2 days. 

Edited by Draymarc
Clarity on the TLDR. Reinstalling drivers, not the game.

• 2 weeks later...