The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Stuttery gameplay and orbiter freezes

lceAngelx

Hello. I've noticed that the performance of Warframe has changed pretty drastically in the past few updates. When I load into my oribiter after a mission or login and I turn around to go to my arsenal and whatever, the game stutters. Every minute or so, the game freezes briefly and stutters more. I remember the oribiter being completely stutter-free last year and wondering what the hell happened. In regular missions, stuttering is almost non-existent aside from when you first load in and look around to load the map properly. Does Warframe properly utilize a shader cache? Surely it should so stuttering is kept at a minumum. I think the game could benefit from a shader-warming feature so that before a mission, stuff is preloaded. Maybe this is already in the game but it doesn't seem to be doing a good job at keeping stuttering to a minimum. I've experienced performance issues with nothing at all running in the background. i've even disabled unecessary Windows services and have no viruses or whatever so the game is a fauit. 

My specs as reference: i5 4670K. GTX 950 OC, 16GB RAM. 

My specs are not the best i know but previously I could run the game just fine at max settings (deferred rendering included) and the day before writing this post, the game was actually stutter free and running great but today... awful performance. I'ver checked task manager and nothing is taking up resources aside from Warframe.