Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma changes idea.

BlunkLord

I've seen a lot of people suggest reworks, so I thought I'd give my thoughts on a Chroma rework concept. 

passive: dual colour.
using energy colour palettes will give you one of the 4 elemental types, combing colours can offer others (viral, corrosive, magnetic etc)
if you choose to use two of the same energy colour (only for the base elements) your granted a bonus effect on all elemental related abilities
(i believe it was Ashisogi tenno who came up with the combine element idea i just decide to expand upon it). Additionally, each ability can have its own element, your spectral scream could have double fire while your elemental ward has corrosive, i'm not stopping there, if for say you dedicate yourself to a fire Chroma for every ability that has heat it gives a 5% increase to all heat related tools, meaning if you go a heat Chroma with heat spectral scream, elemental ward, vex armor (i'll get into that later) and Efficy. Even your weapons if they have fire they will add on another 5% of elemental use, all element that a-line will gain a 5% strength, range and duration for each x element you have.  

ability 1, spectral scream:
breath a fury of any chosen element equipped in you're energy palette, you can combine elements to form elements such as corrosive, viral, radiation or magnetism. however, choosing to select two of the same energy colours (giving up a secondary element proc), said element gains an additional effect, double heat where ever the flames flow they will catch along the floor, walls and roof, enemies will panic being caught a-lit, burning enemies give a 35/40/45/50% chance of spreading the flames. Double cold causes enemies to slow drastically, enemies that stay in the frosty breath to long will completely freeze for 15/20/25/30/35/45 seconds, their the added plus is that continuing to freeze the frozen target, will cause the ice on the target to expand forming walls of ice (which with strength mods can effect the chance of targets freezing and the health-pool of the ice wall. Double electricity short circuits any technology, moas and drones to crash, against corpus and grineer troops the electricity can fry their neural software (knocking them unconscious) range weaponry has the chance to disable and you can override security lock-down you can increase the chances by adding strength mods. lastly double toxin, enemies caught in the toxin start to suffocate, the toxic air makes it impossible to focus their aim, when using double toxin, it leaves the lingering effect, which can be enhanced, enemies will run out of the toxin to continue shooting at you, melee opponents will run through it regardless, even if it kills them.

Ability 2 Elemental Ward:  
Casting elemental ward surrounds you in your chosen element, corrosive has a 25% chance (per second) to strip an enemies total armor once, while offering corrosive damage to allies that enter you're ward. Enemies in physical contact with blast elemental ward will be knocked back for each enemy blasted away adds 5% (effected by strength mods) stagger/status resistance, a gas ward will cause quick status, killing an enemy with a gas elemental ward will cause them to explode in a 10m squared, viral ward grants temporary high resistance to toxic and poisons, anywhere you walk you leave viral for enemies your allies receive the same, a magnetic elemental ward can cause an enemy to polarize their-self causing their allies to collide into him, you can get up to 10 enemies on a single polarized target, allies will also receive temporary increased shield buff (within ward radius). double cold elemental doubles armor buff while enemies killed via melee or shotgun will burst into ice causing any enemy to walk into it to either receive the slow de-buff or freeze, double fire creates a scorching aura increasing health, enemies within the area are light on fire causing a stun.
double electricity increases your speed, enemies that get near you will be electrocuted, enemies near that enemy (20m radius) will also be electrocuted and so on, and walking in water electrifies it.
double toxin makes slowly kills enemies, as you melee kill targets for as long as the ability duration lasts every kill increases the radius by 1 meter while increase the damage. Lastly radiation, granting you a health regeneration (5hp per second can be maxed out to 20), enemies have a 10/15/20/25/30% chance per second (in radius) to mutate, however if the mutants run out of enemies to kill, your next on the list. addition to that using elemental ward buffs spectral screams damage and chances

Ability 3 Vex Armor: 
Vex armor mostly works the same, damage taken to shield increases armor, and damage increase to loss health. with a few changes. by holding to 3 you can sacrifice the armor and damage increase to increase your elemental damage and chances on all your abilities and weapons, this works with the 5% bonus element alignment, or you can sacrifice it for energy. not much else.

Ability 4 Effigy:
(also inspired by Ashisgo idea) you transform into the dragon skin, capable of flight, spectral scream damage is yet again buffed by 25%, and that's not including adding elemental ward, vex armor or strength mods or other buffs. 

So yeah. Done

Edited by BlunkLord