The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea: Ticker + Broken Warframe

I was reminded of the story of his husband. I think I'd like to know more about him and Ticker. I know it didn't end well but I think it deserves continuence.

I wonder if this sad story has any link in real life, a tribute, for one of the writers? Is it a tribute to a dead loved one in Real Life, I mean? I ask because, if it's not disrespectful, I did have an idea but I don't want to trample on the intentions of that tribute.

Anyway, here's the meat:

What if Ticker's husband became a subject for Corpus experimentation and became a new mangled attempt at a Warframe owned by the Corpus? Could he be the 'broken' Warframe? There'd be a lot of poetry in doing that kind of background for that kind of Warframe wouldn't there? It would be lovely to bring some real bittersweet 'stardust' to Ticker's life in the same way that Inaros brightens Baro's day. 

If there is to be a quest for it, the Warframe could be found all rusty, buckled and in a generally sorry state from all the 'testing' Neff did to it; we take it to Ticker as part of his bounty/request. He pays us, but after a 24 hour wait, he contacts us again to tell us that he and the Fortuna gang fixed him and discovered that, like Umbra, part of him is still alive in the Warframe! He and Ticker also want vengeance against Neff and the 'scientists' responsible for his torture and mutilation (on top of all the other reasons for Fortuna's anger at Neff). We volunteer to Operate the Broken Warframe because we're Old Mates and go into battle.

At the end of it, we get to keep the Warframe on the basis that doing so will keep the husband feeling useful in the war against Corpus while still able to visit Ticker on occasion. Perhaps Ticker could then sell extra goodies for us besides debt bonds (which would also suddenly have discounts applied whenever we visit with Broken).

I don't know if there is any more intrinsic Lore about Ticker and his lost love. If so, I need more education about that subject.

What do you think about this? Would the design council pick it up and perhaps recommend to [DE]Steve & co. give this some thought also? I'm not sure how all that works but I hope something happens. Even if it's not with the Broken Warframe exactly, doing it for another would be cool too.

Edited by (XB1)Primus Patronum
Typo edits

It's been established that the neither the grineer or the corpus are anywhere near capable of creating warframes.

Then again, DE aren't exactly consistent with their lore.