Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Some Thoughts From A Me3 Player

HuggyBear27

I've only gotten to lvl 12, and I really like the game so far, but I can't help but feel that Warframe is really lacking in some areas. I prefer PVE to PVP mainly because I have terrible aim and just couldn't compete against guys who could headshot me from halfway across the map. Played Mass Effec 3 co-op for months on end, and now I've switched to Warframe. I know Warframe is still in beta, and I haven't played all that much, but some of the concepts just don't work very well.

1. Powers need more differentiation and options

Upgrading powers is a pretty boring - its just the same power but with more damage, range, or duration. In the end my Excalibur is going to play pretty much identically to everybody else's Excalibur. Compare that to ME3, where players have to choose how their powers evolve. Do I go for more damage, or an extra projectile? Recharge speed or extra protection? Do I forgo grenades completely, and max my shoulder mounted missle launcher? At the moment, Warframe skill trees seems very unexciting and lacklustre compared to ME3.

2. Lack of power synergy and combos

All the powers in Warframe seem to be rather standalone. I've read that there are power combos now, but only a few of them. It'd be nice if combining powers enhanced/altered them. For example, my Volt uses his shield power then uses shock though the shield. Instead of a projectile, it becomes a short ranged cone hitting all enemies in front.

ME3 has combo detonations, which encourages teamwork among players. Its a simple mechanic that opens a lot of possibilities for teamwork and build decisions. Warframe needs something like this. And if this is implemented in Warframe, let there be some visual cue that a combo has occurred, instead of just showing the enemy taking more damage.

There's other stuff I'd like to see in the game, but I feel that the above two points will really affect the game in the long term. Warframe has a pretty cool concept, and I'd like it to be more than a mediocre run-of-the-mill shooter.

Edited by HuggyBear27

ME3 burnout reporting!

Warframe skill tree system is largely lacking. Upgrade nodes for each power doesn't offer much customization in each power. This I agree with the OP. As far as I know, DE already knows about it and I expect change in the future.

Power combo. I don't think there'll be many combos in Warframe since the game seems to have rather fast-paced and combo needs a bit slower pace to really be useful.

I agree with this a lot. I have also played a large amount of ME3 multiplayer and I can say Warframe will benefit from additions similar to this. Although, compared to ME3, the enemies are weaker in Warframe but there are a heck of a lot more of them. The combo power thing would only work well if it affected a whole area rather than a single target (the exception being in boss battles). Your first point is very valid though.

Power combo. I don't think there'll be many combos in Warframe since the game seems to have rather fast-paced and combo needs a bit slower pace to really be useful.

That's true. The fast-paced gameplay can be fun, but it does limit what kind of powers the devs can put in, especially more subtle ones.

Then again, with the introduction of so many stun/knockdown effects (like taser balls, grinders, MOAs) it seems that the devs are trying to slow the pace down. If that's their aim, they are doing a horrible job. The last thing a game should do (especially a F2P game) is to annoy players by completely taking away their ability to act, effectively turning them into spectators. Also for a fast paced game, reviving a fallen teammate takes an inordinate amount of time.

I'm all for slowing the pace down a little by making enemies survive a bit lonnger. You can have a greater variety of more creative powers, and more teamwork.

These stunlock robots do remind me of Geth.

I think Warframe should use acrobatic/power/melee/gunplay combo instead of pure power combo like ME3MP. Gameplay would benefit more if it takes this approach due to acrobatic movement style. However, the restriction like inability to cast ability while your frame is airborne is limit the pace of gameplay.

Super jump then slam down the ground with slash dash for greater effect? Running toward the enemy and do forward flip and activate invisibility at the same time, slashing your target to shred? Using shock while sliding toward enemy? This is what I want instead of ME style power combo. This will make the game more unique.

Still, I miss the Earth DLC kits, Slayer, which represent agressive agility class in ME3.