The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Shield based frames, Abilites that regen shields, and shield gating

(XBOX)UlisesTheFallen

I just came back to this game and gave the Shield gating a test run. I noticed that in order to get the shield gate, you need to have your shields fully recovered. If not, you dont get the OSP (One Shot Protection). I get that Hildryn works this way, which is fine since she can recover her shields with her abilites, but not many frames actually have that functionality of recovering their shileds quickly. This makes it seem like having a big shield pool is a bad idea, rather a good one. Even the shield based frames would suffer from a bigger shield pool, as that just means more shields to recover in order to get the shield gate. If having Bigger shield pools were encouraged, say maybe getting additional gates after a certain threshhold has been reached, Shield based frames would have a reason to actually have a bigger shield pool, ragher then being punished for having said big pool. Its why Hildryn can have such a huge amount of shields, because she can recover them without waiting, which good for her. I checked how Volt and Mag worked with this, since they can also recover shields, or at least many months ago. Mag can still recover shields, bypassing the 4 second recharge delay after shields have been fully depleted, but if its from the Crush ability, she doesnt have the shield gate, even if she used Crush to recover her shields to max, even gaining overshields. Polarize on the other hand, will recover her shields, and give her back her OSP, but only sometimes it seems. Hopefully devs see this and get this fixed so Mag can have OSP everytime she recovers her shields completely. Volt with his Capacitance augment, wont recover shields at all. He cant bypass the 4sec. delay, cant increase his regen speed, and instead has to wait until his shields are completely recovered ot gain OSP. I had 1110 shields on Volt, and decided to reduce it to base when at rank 30. Because having a big shield pool punished Volt more then benefitting him. Capacitance augment seems to only give him overshields, but thats it. I havent tested Revenant, but at the very least, Volt and Mag need to help. If Hildryn can regen shields to obtain osp/shield gate, Volt and Mag (as well as Revenant, if he is negatively affected) should be able to do the same. I figured I could help the team recover their lost shields when fully depleted with Volt, but thats not the case, and Mag with not gaining osp at times. These frames could use some love to help them be more affective with shield gating, not only for themselves, but for the team as well