Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx: Absorb Only Protects Self (So Sentinel Dies Instantly)

Aislingual

This could possibly be related to using the Overextended mod, I'll do a test without it and report back if that changes anything:

I just got the Overextended mod from an Orokin Vault and combined it with Stretch to put a 2.35x multiplier on ability range for my new Nyx frame. The abilities work as advertised and cause both the immunity sphere and the damaging explosion of Absorb to be increased. 

I can easily shield my fellow tenno and the crypod but --snip, edited-- after testing I've discovered the bubble no longer protects anything but Nyx under any circumstance (thus making the size of the sphere purely cosmetic). This means that Nyx's sentinel always dies within 1-5 seconds of using the ability, along with its other drawbacks.

To test, I stood behind a defense objective relative to enemies while fully encasing it in my protection bubble, in order to draw enemy fire to the objective instead of onto me. The objective was still completely encased in my sphere with lots of room to spare (my sphere is quite large now) but the objective nearly died. Tested three times.

Edited by Yugoloth

Okay, I just did additional testing and I'll revise my OP. The bubble no longer protects any friendly units/entities inside the bubble even if they're fully inside of it. I just stood behind a computer on a Kappa mission instead of on top so that enemy fire would be drawn into the objective, and although my bubble covers the whole computer and goes way past it, the objective was nearly killed while I meditated.

I guess this could be a balance change, but I read the patch notes pretty thoroughly and I don't *think* this was a change by DE.

Edited by Yugoloth

I'm also having this issue. While running infestation missions my sentinel would randomly die and it seems to do so when ever I use absorb. It seems to be damaging itself while inside the bubble. It didn't do this before the vault update and following hot fixes however...

I'm also having this issue. While running infestation missions my sentinel would randomly die and it seems to do so when ever I use absorb. It seems to be damaging itself while inside the bubble. It didn't do this before the vault update and following hot fixes however...

Ouch, it even happens when fighting infested that can't possibly shoot up? Seems like there's multiple layers of bugginess going on then. One bug for no longer being able to shield other stuff, even your own sentinel, and another bug for your sentinel killing itself or dying in some unknown fashion.

I can atleast confirm that other Tenno firing inside the bubble don't cause them any self-damage as I tried that in a group recently. Something else that's odd to note is that according to the wiki, the explosion is *not* supposed to hit things outside LOS, but my explosion is able to hit stuff through walls and ceilings just like rhino stomp. 

Lots of code changes must have happened to Absorb in the last patch I'm guessing.