Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The two main issues with Railjack (not the bugs and archwing imbalance)

Helzakath

Hi there,

This isn't a rant about the vast abundance of bugs or how horribly bad/unbalanced Archwing/guns are, those are common knowledge. it is infact constructive criticisms regarding Railjack and the two main issues and how they can be fixed.

So let's start with the gameplay functions, we will actually start with the worst one first, how players are able to join and commandeer your Railjack/game without your permission, and I don't mean just piloting, I mean just showing up and being able to use the navigation to instantly choose to go wherever they want, no voting or anything, it works the same for the host as well, if you need to leave and go back to the Dojo and the host doesn't want to and they choose to go to their next mission, they can just do that and you have to abort. The feeling within Railjack isn't teamwork or unity, the feeling within Railjack is powerless entrapment, never before has random matchmaking been more daunting, almost as daunting as joining a random that has the catastropic failure timer ongoing and you have to hurry to save the game, to save yourself from a failed mission even though you just joined and have nothing to do with the failure. People will say, well just don't join random games or just solo. You should be able to join random games and not have to worry about any of that stuff, ignoring it doesn't fix the issue. And soloing, well, that leads me to the second part of my post.

Railjack is an absolute chore, having one or two roles on Railjack can be stressful enough in high-pressure situations, but having ALL of the roles is just insanity, and you know what, there's a very simple and viable solution to it, you have this lazy, know-it-all Cephalon integrated into your Railjack that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING, but tell you what is going on in and around the ship,except, in the quest leading up to playing Empyrean, Cy understands the severity of the situation, he understands the huge boots he is having to fill, that whilst he isn't necessarily a viable integration into the Railjack, he is the only one, he is the one Cephalon that is capable of turning the tide in the war against the Sentients, yet he does absolutely squat, he will let you die inside your exploding Railjack and tell you about it whilst it's happening, I'm sorry but Ordis is capable of almost anything on the Orbiter, you see him taking control of the ship, the systems, the lighting, everything, in your absence, when you are in trouble, whether it's against the Stalker or the Queens, Ordis delves deep into his AI to find a way to help you in any and every way he can. Cy is a glorified narrator who should be able to man the guns when nobody is there to, should be able to steer the Railjack away from danger when the crew is in trouble or incapacitated. I'm not saying Cy should be able to do absolutely everything for you, I think Cy should be able to do one roll for you at a time whilst you are doing everything else, especially when you are trying to solo.

Railjack doesn't have to and shouldn't feel like a chore and a battle for control, but it just feels like a really bad, rushed, bare-bones version of something that should be monumental and amazing. There needs to be voting for navigation and Cy needs to be able to help you, those are the two main problems that need to be addressed and fixed before anything else.

Thanks for your time

Edited by -xXx-B-e-A-s-T-xXx-
  • Like 3