Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New "seekers" Make Me Want To Quit This Game.

DoctorLime

I find it funny that you're trying to make this personal. I did not state that I was a "superior" player, simply stated that those that are frustrated with them should learn to properly deal with them instead of rage about them. LEARNING to adapt hones your skills, and makes you a better player. Not "If you do not do it this way, you should uninstall, you suck, go die" Never did I say that, and I wont. I'm all for people learning and adapting. That is what it's about.

Honestly, if there's something in a game that frustrates you to the point you want to quit, then maybe its time for a break. I mean, the next content/update patch is coming up here at some point. So maybe there will be something in there, but who knows. I'm not gonna be hurt either way, and I'm going to keep playing whether or not "cheap" mechanics are going to be thrown at me. Blizzard seems to be doing alright, and thier raids are packed with cheap mechanics that only a certain percentage of players can get by successfully pre nerf, and that relates severely to skill. But I'm not going to get too far into that other than the small example.

Posts in this topic are starting to get pretty petty, so I dont know what to say to keep out of the arguing.

If you want to add coop-elements then you have to add things that punish the whole team if it fails to do it right. If only one player is punished the rest won't care.

You can ask people to help you via chat, but in most cases they were too lazy to run more than 20 m for that.

Halo is an FPS,

This game isnt ME.

Some dam fine cheap excuses right there.

The difference between FPS and TPS is the perspective and in several of them it can be switched by simply pressing a button. DE could even go ahead and copy some boss attacks from mmorpgs like WoW and make bosses into what they're supposed to be.

Warframe isn't ME, so what? Learning from other games is very helpful. It's more fun to play a well made copycat-game than a badly made original.

I find it funny that you're trying to make this personal. I did not state that I was a "superior" player, simply stated that those that are frustrated with them should learn to properly deal with them instead of rage about them. LEARNING to adapt hones your skills, and makes you a better player. Not "If you do not do it this way, you should uninstall, you suck, go die" Never did I say that, and I wont. I'm all for people learning and adapting. That is what it's about.

The thing is that they are very unaviodable in several situations. The seekers are barely distinguishable from the normal lancers and troopers and considering that you are usually faced with several dozen grineers at a time it can be quite difficult to see a glowing tennisball rolling about.

When I open a door or go around a corner I'm often greeted by a shield lancer or heavy grineer who then proceed to instantly knock me down. That was never a real problem until seekers then shoot his stun ball at me.

Or just combine some grinders with a seeker. The grinders will easily stagger and distract you enough for a stun ball to hit you.

Doesn't happen often? Considering that I meet the vast majority of heavy grineers in that exact way it happens often enough to me.

I don't want to have to carefully look around each corner to not run into a death trap, as it completely breaks the game's pace (Doing it would also increase the likelyness of an attack from behind which can be equally lethal).

Teammates don't even have a real reason to help you except for "not being a douchebag" and I've seen enough players who don't seem to mind being one.