Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Can't Chat While Using Nyx Ultimate

Aislingual

As per the title, the chatting UI is completely unresponsive to any keyboard input and cannot be opened while Nyx's ability "Absorb" is in effect. 

This is probably the case for other ultimate abilities but has gone unnoticed since there isn't any other ability like Nyx where you are meditating there for (with all duration mods) 26 seconds straight while completely unable to chat. 

I very often want to respond to a teammate or a clan-mate, or say something important, but I can't. I have to pretty much literally meditate in real life along with Nyx, and this is extremely bad when I'm doing back-to-back Absorb abilities in order to defend myself or an objective.

In other words, I can't chat 95% of the time in some defense waves :X

Both chat, and the ability to select different abilities (which is super important for those who use controllers and have to cycle through them) are locked out during many kinds of events such as:

-Ability use

-Terminal use

-Peace in the Middle East is still elusive

-Fight / leave defense mission menu (of all things!)

-Conclave team select menu (again, why?!)

This UI behavior is unacceptable, but I have a bad feeling that someone at DE actually did it deliberately so I don't expect it to change for the better anytime soon. :(

I had detailed the problem at length here:

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/114186-chat-and-select-ability-controls-inoperable-during-gameplay/

Edited by Soul_Shinobi