Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I Doing Something Wrong? (Cryptographic ALU Question)

Kingseesar

Question

Hello fellow Tenno!

So, I'm trying to get some cryptographic ALU to join the Razorback Armada event, but I just ran five archwing sabotage missions on Jupiter and two archwing mobile defense missions on Neptune, and I gathering a grand total of 2 cryptographic ALU. What am I doing incorrectly? I'm using what I have (which isn't much): Odanta, Veritux, and the Imperator Vandal I just got the other day from the Fomorian event. I've got them modded for base damage, mostly. I still haven't found a good place to farm mods for my archwing, so there's lots of capacity left, but I only have four mods, so I realize there's room for better modding. (On a side note, please let me know if there's a good spot to farm archwing mods...)

The real point is, if I'm not doing anything wrong, how can I get 12 or 16 cryptographic ALU in time to join the event? How can anyone, unless it was farmed previously? Maybe that's the trick: spend this event farming ALU and wait for the Razorback Armada to return next time, and be better prepared? 

What are other Tenno doing to address this issue? Or is it just me being a semi noob and not know what I'm doing, yet?

Thank you in advance! Everyone is always so tolerant of my simple questions. Cheers all and greetings from China!

35 minutes ago, Urjuhh said:

Another piece of data

Solo, Neptune - Salacia, 13min, 173 kills, Resource booster running, 2 ALU

Cut the crap, DE

Yeah, I've done this mission about twelve times since I posted last. I have gotten a few 4-5 ALU runs, but I have also gotten 1 or 0 again, too. Luckily, I got enough to plough through the Razorback mission three times. I have enough for two more assassinations, too. I have to get better at that, now. Getting my low level backside kicked. Lots of death, mostly mine. Anyway, the tricks you have all mentioned have definitely helped me out a lot, so thank you again, but wow - it is overly tough to gather the ALU for this mission. Not because it's a hard mission (the archwing missions, that is to say), but the amount of farming necessary really deems either a longer Razorback event time (seven days to ten days seems more appropriate to me) or the drop rate needs to be increase. Like you, Urjuhh, I have been getting on the order of 150-165 kills (started checking that after you mentioned it) and the kill to amount harvested is well out of proportion, especially for us fledgling Tenno, such as myself.

One good thing: it seems that I am completely the archwing mission with the same stats almost as Urjuhh. 12-13 mins, 150-165 kills, no booster this time, but I may get one, and anywhere from 0-5 ALU. Seems like 2-4 on average. That makes me feel better, at least. :) 

Anyway, I'll get another batch of Razorback attacks done, but I need to figure out a better strategy! I'm jumping up over the locked doors, hacking the laser security, waiting for a bursa to jump down, then I hack the bursa, and fire like crazy at the Razorback. It takes about seven to ten bursas to so that. I'm using a Fulmin modded for radiation and corrosion on the Razorback. The primary fire does a lot of damage, but it's so slow, I only get four shots off before the Razorback is up and at 'em again. With the secondary fire, it chips away pretty well, and from a distance, with a slight bit of piercing added to the mix, but the damage is way less. (read as "WAAAAAAAY" less) Maybe I have a chosen poorly for my weapon or modding? I was thinking about using my Dread, but I fear running out of ammo, with only 72 arrows to shoot. My primaries are lacking, anyway, so that's probably all it is, but not really enough time left in the event to rank up a new weapon, this time. I'm just taking this all as prep for next time...

Thanks again everyone! Good luck taking out the Razorback! May you all get the mod of your dreams! 😄 

If it was just the 3 razorback kills then the farming wouldn't be that horrible... Hell, farming is what this game is all about.

But i'm hunting now the Gorgon Wraith bits that can drop from razorback ( bp,barrel,stock,receiver ) . After 9 kills i got 2 of each:  bp, stock and receiver... Now to farm moar ALU's and kill the beast... while keeping whats left of my sanity

7 minutes ago, Urjuhh said:

If it was just the 3 razorback kills then the farming wouldn't be that horrible... Hell, farming is what this game is all about.

But i'm hunting now the Gorgon Wraith bits that can drop from razorback ( bp,barrel,stock,receiver ) . After 9 kills i got 2 of each:  bp, stock and receiver... Now to farm moar ALU's and kill the beast... while keeping whats left of my sanity

That's my goal, too, actually. Grabbing stuff I don't have. I still need all the parts. I got the BP, and then the same mod twice in a row. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Gonna try for another five or six times and roll the Razorback dice!