Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My idea for a chroma rework.

(NSW)Dalterion

So before I get started this is my first time coming up with a rework so feel free to say something if one of my ideas or the whole thing sucks. I was also to lazy to look through all the chroma rework ideas on the forums so I apologise in advance if this is basically the same as someone else's rework proposal. Also I won't have any stats for the abilities just there names and what they do. Before I get into the abilities and other stuff I would like to explain where I got this idea from. I remember seeing a poster for chroma back when I was playing on pc about how his pelt was claimed from a race long forgotten. Which made me think that with effigy being his ultimate he had to have had a different ultimate or abilities before getting it. The same poster describes him as a hunter despite the obvious dragon theme we got. With this idea I think he could be both. Having his effigy out would allow him to switch to his original hunter abilities while having it on would use his draconic abilities.

Now some changes to chroma outside of his abilities. His effigy will become an exalted companion using kubrow/kavaat mods plus a few mods made specifically for it. This will be better as you can choose what attack you want the pelt to do more frequently plus it will be way may useful as the damage mods will stack with power strength. The credit booster will change to affect all of chroma' s offensive abilities. Credits dropped by enemies killed with chroma's abilities will be buffed to 100% instead of 60%. The 10 metre credit booster can stay the same but will happen within 10 metres of of any of chroma' s offensive abilities. Both of these will stack if they don't already but they will not stack with another chroma .

Now abilities

Passive: Devouring Dragon/Hunter

His new passive will be vex armor essentialy but work a bit different. Instead of getting damaged to do his buffs he will be the one doing damage but on a bigger scale then with vex armor currently. When he damages shields he will gain the undying buff (scorn just renamed) and when he damages health he will gain wrath (rage renamed as well). The way this will work is you start at 40% power strength and 34% power range for each respective buff. As you do damage to enemies shields the strength and range of undying will increase and as you do damage to health it will do the same with wrath. Both the strength and range of both buffs will increase up to 337% power strength and 280% power range (the max you can permanently achieve with mods not including temporary bonuses). With the way this buff will work the duration would be lowered but not to unreasonable levels as damaging shields and health will refresh the duration of each respective buff. Apart from the drop in duration this passives stats would remain pretty much the same as current vex armor's stats.

1st ability

Dragon: Dragonrend

Chroma sends energy to his claws and rips apart a single enemy with a powerful attack. Any enemy who survives this will get a bleed proc and a proc for whatever element chroma has. This will be affected by strength and effiency

Hunter: Elemental Snare

Chroma summons traps made of elemental energy trapping all enemies in its path and afflicts enemies with an increasing number of status procs the longer they are trapped. Also your effigy will priority target trapped enemies if it can see them. This ability would be a cone in front of chroma and be effected by duration, range and efficiency.

2nd ability

Dragon: Elemental ward

Works mostly like it does now except holding will cast the buff and pressing will cycle through the elements. Also changing toxin to boost energy max instead of what it is now. Having what it is now kinda doesn't make sense as the other elements affect one of the four main warframe stats (I think of sprint speed as more of a secondary stat so I'm not counting it) and at current toxin doesn't. Still affected by the same stats as current elemental ward.

Hunter: Elemental Fury

Chroma infuses your weapons with elemental energy applying the element he has equipped to your weapons. This buff will stack with existing elements for instance if a fire chroma gives this buff and you have a fire mod equipped but it will not combine into a secondary element or boost a secondary element. This buff will work just like any elemental mod you equip so the weapons stats will affect the damage the element does plus chroma's power strength. This ability will be hold to cast and tap to switch elements like elemental ward. Affected by strength, duration, range and effiency.

3rd ability: Effigy

This will work similarly to how it works now except for a few changes. Casting your effigy will switch your dragon abilities to your hunter ones. Your pelt will now move around on its own at the speed you move when you have your pelt on and attack enemies in its path with priority to enemies caught in elemental snare as long as they are in its line of sight. This will change from a channelled ability to a duration based ability. You will be able to refresh the timer by recasting or hold to recall. Also it's ranged attacks will be affected by range mods. In general I would give this ability a buff as well in the areas it needs it. Affected by mods equipped, strength, duration, range and effiency.

4th ability

Dragon: Dragon Aspect

Chroma surges his energy unleashing his wings and claws allowing chroma to take flight and unleash elemental destruction on the ground below or land and rip his enemies to shreds with his claws. When chroma is in the air he will basically have access to a buffed version of spectral scream. This ability will have a small aoe field around point of contact on a surface. His claws will be weaker but faster then Dragonrend. This is focused on taking out a lot of enemies instead of being focused on a single powerful attack like Dragonrend. This ability will be channeled and affected by strength, duration, range and effiency.

Hunter: Elemental Rupture

Chroma unleashes his full power leaving elemental destruction in his wake. Unleashing his full power takes the energy used to power his effigy causing it to return to you and needing a small window to have its energy replenished.  For fire pillars of fire will erupt out of the ground, for electric the air will surge with electricity, For ice the ground will freeze over and spikes will form, for toxin poisonous clouds will form above raining poison down. After the ability has been used there will be lingering after effects that have a chance to proc status on enemies that walk through it. (Yes I know this ability doesn't fit with the hunter theme but it's heavily implied chroma got his pelt from slaying a sentient and an ability like this would definitely do the trick and it fits with all the other abilities being affected by his elements so I'm going with it). This ability would be affected by strength, duration, range and effiency.

Edited by (NSW)Dalterion