Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chroma Rework Idea [Idea 1 of 9]

Veterus

Im sure not just me but alot of people love chroma but also feel hes in a weird place, i have a few ideas to propose starting with chroma while he is not the top of my priority list i would be overjoyed if even some of my ideas were used in any of my proposed reworks.

These ideas are to allow for chroma to be more versatile than using just 2 abilities and using your weapons, it also proposes our first paladin-like frame while also making his vex armor much easier to build up and manage.

If you would like to see any minor ideas or the overall list of all my ideas or to know what future ideas i have planned you can take a look at the google doc i write this all on before copying and submitting it: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1DBzhrOuV60ceItz4HjrThjlLQ6w_0G5oTVI5TDI1naw/edit?usp=sharing

Chroma

Passive: Chromas hard dragon pelt will rarely halve damage taken.
(Chroma doesn't truly have a passive in-game)

Skill 1: Spectral Rend (Previously Spectral Scream)
Causes Chroma to create a claw of pure energy and slash at the enemies in front of him.

The slash permanently reduces the armor of enemies by 20%, Causes the element proc, and causes an additional effect:
Heat bHeat: Reduces armor by an additional 30%.

Cold bCold: Shatters the enemies guns resulting in them having to use melee attacks.

Toxin bToxin: Causes a short lived plague to spread between enemies.

Electricity bElectric: Restores Chroma’s shields and causes overshields.

Augment - Spectral Rage: After using Spectral Rend Chroma releases a roar stunning nearby enemies for 5 seconds and opens them up to finishers.

Skill 2: King’s Presence (Previously Elemental Ward) (Toggle Ability)
Chroma will exert his overwhelming aura, weakening enemies will to fight and protects nearby allies.

While active Chroma takes 50% of all damage received by allies within affinity range, additionally will cause enemies within 20 meters of him to have slightly reduced accuracy and movement speed(Going negative ability strength will cause enemies to move faster and be more accurate)

Augment - Wyrm’s Wrath: A portion of all damage taken by chroma will be redirected to enemies at the cost of additional energy drain per second.

Skill 3: Elemental Armor (Previously Vex Armor) (Combines Elemental Ward & Vex Armor. None of this is changed at all im simply just combining the text for both abilities)

Depending on Chroma’s Elemental alignment grants him and nearby allies area-of-effect offensive bonus and defensive bonus, additionally when chromas shields are damaged him and nearby allies gain an armor bonus, and when health is damaged gain a damage bonus.

Heat bHeat: Generates a flame aura around Chroma and affected allies that increases base health and inflicts Heat damage within a radius of 5 meters.

Cold bCold: Encases Chroma and affected allies in a layer of frost that increases base armor and creates an ice shield that reflects incoming fire back to their source.

Toxin bToxin: Emits an aura of noxious fumes around Chroma and affected allies that increases base reload speed and holster rate, noxious fumes also have a chance per second to deal 5% of an enemy's maximum health as Toxin damage with a 100% status chance.

Electricity bElectric: Infuses Chroma and affected allies with an electric current that increases base shields and converts incoming damage into arc discharges.

Augment - Everlasting Ward: Allies near Chroma’s Effigy pelt gain the benefits of the Vex Armor portion of Elemental Armor and moving outside the range will grant them the Elemental Ward portion.

Skill 4: Effigy (This stays, but the function is slightly tweaked) (Toggle Ability)
Chroma turns his pelt into a massive sentry that engulfs enemies in elemental attacks, Chroma can fight in his lightened form, gaining 20% movement speed but with a 50% armor reduction.

Chroma’s pelt spews elemental breath with 100% status chance at nearby enemies, additionally it will swipe at enemies with Spectral Rend if they come within 5 meters of the pelt(this consumes additional energy but at reduced cost than if chroma were to use it himself)

Augment - Guided Effigy: This can stay the same honestly it's a decent mod.

Again these ideas would be lovely to incorporate thank you for taking your time to read.

Edited by Veterus
Added a passive
  • Like 3